After a crazy year and a very busy Fashion Week schedule, I needed a quick getaway. I grabbed my bestie (wife and mother of 3) and we headed to a marvelous time at Cambridge Beaches. It was exactly what we needed…a quiet, well-run resort where every need was addressed without delay. Although the weather in February is traditionally iffy and it did rain our first night there, it didn't stop us from having the best weekend ever. The hotel staff, especially Shakeera, were so helpful in explaining all the amenities of the property, dining schedules, spa services, etc. And the fresh warm towel and rum swizzle was a great addition to the check-in process.
The restaurant's fare was delicious and our supervisor, Derek was so amenable, friendly and actually remembered the details of where my friend and I came from, our names, etc….and then did the same with each table he approached - very impressive. Cherline, our breakfast chef, and Perez, our waiter, as well as the rest of the waitstaff was polite, accommodating and helpful.
We were thrilled when the rain stopped so that we had the opportunity to wander about and discover the beauty of this property. The private beaches were gorgeous, although we missed two of them… the property is large, and we missed the nature maze….so much to see, we'll have to return.
The guests were definitely in the range of 30's-perhaps 70s, and a great mix of Australians, Brits and Americans who all were seeking a quiet refuge in an upscale environment. I believe we all achieved that goal. Our bartender, Singh, was such a gentleman, a gifted cocktail mixer and as all good bartenders should, told the greatest stories about his vast global travels. We were also thrilled to have access to the heated indoor pool, whirlpool and lap pool.
We also strolled off-campus into Somerset and treated ourselves to a great lunch at Salt Rock Grill. If you're craving really good sushi, this is the place.
By the way, all of the cabbies are very friendly, informative (Hello, BC!) and well-versed on the history of the island, but none were as fun and lovely to talk to as Laquitta and Randolph Doers…husband and wife team. We learned SO much about Bermuda, the people, the resorts, the sights, and much, much more…thanks to their generosity in spirit.
We will definitely be returning to Bermuda…and maybe next time, we'll take the guys in our life…they would love the pro golf course. If you like serene, quiet environments, great food, gorgeous accommodations, then Cambridge should be on your list as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning AAA Four Diamond Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa, Bermuda’s premier cottage resort, provides the ideal sanctuary for adults seeking an intimate and relaxing escape from the demands of contemporary life. Guests indulge in a serene and romantic getaway while experiencing the Island’s rich history and distinctive culture. Cambridge Beaches invites guests to discover breathtaking panoramas of the Atlantic Ocean. Relax, renew, reconnect or simply do nothing at all, and do it well. Whether you seek activity or tranquility, the resort beckons with a wealth of amenities, from the indulgent Ocean Spa and four private beaches to an onsite marina, kayaks, croquet and putting greens, tennis courts and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Not to mention the seemingly endless private coves, providing the perfect setting for an intimate escape.Cambridge Beaches offers guests all the sophistication of an internationally acclaimed resort in an authentic Bermudian environment. Accommodations are provided in elegantly appointed traditional pink Bermuda-style cottages and customary afternoon tea is served in the historic main house. And all of this may be enjoyed without the demands or distractions of traveling with children, as Cambridge Beaches is the island’s only resort that caters exclusively to adults.The resort’s casually sophisticated environment encourages a sense of total relaxation, romance and renewal. Idyllically set on a 30-acre peninsula on Bermuda’s western coast, the property boasts 4 private beaches, a nature reserve, private gardens and spectacular water views from every vantage point of the property. Additionally, guests enjoy unique treatments and wellness options at the seductive Ocean Spa, and a range of culinary delights in three restaurants, including the celebrated Tamarisk Room, rated by Food & Wine Magazine as one of the Bermuda’s best restaurants.Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa is legendary Bermuda at its very best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Cambridge Beaches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Beaches Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Hotel Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Bermuda/Sandys Parish