We have been staying in Bermuda for 15 days and overall,given its currently out of season,have really enjoyed our visit.
The Cambridge beaches resort is located Towards the dockyard end of the island which in January is very quiet due to the lack of cruise ships until April , after which it will probably become extremeley busy with American tourists visiting from the USA.
At the time of this review the resort is less than 10% occupancy and the beach facilities etc understandably closed.room rates are 50% although still fairly pricey for low season but watch out for the bermudan tourist taxes!!!
Added daily to our bill was "occupancy and tourism tax " of 30 dollars+ "energy surcharge" of 18 dollars+another "service charge" of 13 dollars EACH!! Total daily = 75 dollars !!!
The service charge is in addition to the compulsory 17% service charge added to your food and beverage bills.
However we can recommend Cambridge beaches resort for its friendly accommodating staff,a great beach location and well prepared food in its only restaurant open.
The bar is small but well run and servicing of the rooms excellent.
One final note however is to ensure that you are allocated the best available room even at what appear to be low heavily discounted rates, as some rooms need some refurbishment.
You have now been warned of the hidden extras. Ie taxes ,so beware !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning AAA Four Diamond Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa, Bermuda’s premier cottage resort, provides the ideal sanctuary for adults seeking an intimate and relaxing escape from the demands of contemporary life. Guests indulge in a serene and romantic getaway while experiencing the Island’s rich history and distinctive culture. Cambridge Beaches invites guests to discover breathtaking panoramas of the Atlantic Ocean. Relax, renew, reconnect or simply do nothing at all, and do it well. Whether you seek activity or tranquility, the resort beckons with a wealth of amenities, from the indulgent Ocean Spa and four private beaches to an onsite marina, kayaks, croquet and putting greens, tennis courts and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Not to mention the seemingly endless private coves, providing the perfect setting for an intimate escape.Cambridge Beaches offers guests all the sophistication of an internationally acclaimed resort in an authentic Bermudian environment. Accommodations are provided in elegantly appointed traditional pink Bermuda-style cottages and customary afternoon tea is served in the historic main house. And all of this may be enjoyed without the demands or distractions of traveling with children, as Cambridge Beaches is the island’s only resort that caters exclusively to adults.The resort’s casually sophisticated environment encourages a sense of total relaxation, romance and renewal. Idyllically set on a 30-acre peninsula on Bermuda’s western coast, the property boasts 4 private beaches, a nature reserve, private gardens and spectacular water views from every vantage point of the property. Additionally, guests enjoy unique treatments and wellness options at the seductive Ocean Spa, and a range of culinary delights in three restaurants, including the celebrated Tamarisk Room, rated by Food & Wine Magazine as one of the Bermuda’s best restaurants.Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa is legendary Bermuda at its very best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Cambridge Beaches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Beaches Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Hotel Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Bermuda/Sandys Parish