After dodging Hurricane Sandy and spending 12hrs on the phone with United Airlines to try and keep my 1wk of vacation this year from evaporating into thin air, we flew in on the (literally) first flight into Bermuda after the storm shut down air travel along the East Coast. Immediately, we knew we'd picked the right place to get away.
I'm from Seattle, and the beautiful crisp sunshine, warmth, and emerald sparkling waters we saw on arrival were such a contrast to...rain...rain...rain. The island is quite breathtakingly beautiful, and Cambridge Beaches was the perfect place to stay on this mid-Atlantic jewel. Wonderfully friendly staff, great individual cottages with views of the ocean (perfect for watching the sun set and rise), beaches on the property, three restaurants (expensive but in line with the other establishments in Bermuda), and with scooter rentals right on the property. There's free breakfast buffet, free afternoon tea, and a host of activities (both organized and impromptu) that you can try out. The spa and fitness options are also extensive and, for the former, expensive. In general, this is a great place for a romantic getaway, and most of the people we saw were coupled together, from the young to the very old and likely also very wealthy. I thought the resort was terrific, and I'd return in a heartbeat.
The only downsides were a) Cambridge Beaches is located on the opposite end of Bermuda's 22mile length from the airport, and the cab ride will cost $60 each way; alternatively there are buses that will get you there in about 2hrs with one connection in Hamilton; and b) Bermuda itself does not offer much besides sun, golf, and beaches; don't expect much in the way of museums or historical sites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning AAA Four Diamond Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa, Bermuda’s premier cottage resort, provides the ideal sanctuary for adults seeking an intimate and relaxing escape from the demands of contemporary life. Guests indulge in a serene and romantic getaway while experiencing the Island’s rich history and distinctive culture. Cambridge Beaches invites guests to discover breathtaking panoramas of the Atlantic Ocean. Relax, renew, reconnect or simply do nothing at all, and do it well. Whether you seek activity or tranquility, the resort beckons with a wealth of amenities, from the indulgent Ocean Spa and four private beaches to an onsite marina, kayaks, croquet and putting greens, tennis courts and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Not to mention the seemingly endless private coves, providing the perfect setting for an intimate escape.Cambridge Beaches offers guests all the sophistication of an internationally acclaimed resort in an authentic Bermudian environment. Accommodations are provided in elegantly appointed traditional pink Bermuda-style cottages and customary afternoon tea is served in the historic main house. And all of this may be enjoyed without the demands or distractions of traveling with children, as Cambridge Beaches is the island’s only resort that caters exclusively to adults.The resort’s casually sophisticated environment encourages a sense of total relaxation, romance and renewal. Idyllically set on a 30-acre peninsula on Bermuda’s western coast, the property boasts 4 private beaches, a nature reserve, private gardens and spectacular water views from every vantage point of the property. Additionally, guests enjoy unique treatments and wellness options at the seductive Ocean Spa, and a range of culinary delights in three restaurants, including the celebrated Tamarisk Room, rated by Food & Wine Magazine as one of the Bermuda’s best restaurants.Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa is legendary Bermuda at its very best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Cambridge Beaches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Beaches Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Hotel Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Bermuda/Sandys Parish