“If you are staying at the dock yard do the Segway tour first.”
Review of Segway of Bermuda

Segway of Bermuda
Ranked #12 of 22 Tours in Sandys Parish
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour the Royal Naval Dockyard and New National Museum. Experience the Segway Human Transporter, Bermuda's latest mode of transportation on a high tech tour of Dockyard. With cutting edge technology, this revolutionary machine is environmentally friendly, self balancing, and fun and easy to ride. The adventure begins with your safety in mind and includes thorough training session and you will be gliding effortlessly through the Royal Naval Dockyard, enjoying unbeatable ocean views, and exploring historical sites along the way, including the Clocktower Mall, historic Casemates Prison, Victualling Yard, the Glassblowing and Rumcake Factory, Historic Sail Loft and much, much, more. Segway is the only vehicle allowed to tour the Maritime Museum and the Commissioner's House. From the Commissioner's House, you will be able to view the Defense Heritage Exhibit, which examines a history of weaponry and milliary in Bermuda. This tour allows you ample opportunity for photos and memories you will cherish for a life time. With the breeze in your face, and vista views of the entire island, this tour is a unique way to see and experience Bermuda.
Gardner, Massachusetts
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“If you are staying at the dock yard do the Segway tour first.”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Our ship was docked in the shipyard but we didn't schedule the Segway tour till the last day, in hind site we should have done it on the first day. It would have saved all the walking we did on day one around the dock yard to decide what we wanted to see.
All the people in our group had never used a Segway, "my self included" but it didn't take long to get acclimated to using it. Our tour guide was fabulous, and took the time with each person to familiarize each with using the Segway. She also let us know ahead of time the we would be going on parts of the main road and what to expect and to not be intimidated by the traffic. Now here is the key, Do Not Be Intimidated By The Traffic! The locals know about the Segways, it's nothing new to them, but it is new to you. They love to honk their horns and that is unsettling to most but once you take a bus tour, "an experience in and of it's self" you'll realize it's the norm. We were only on the main road for a short time in order to get to a side road so it was not a big deal.
We covered the entire dock yard and a few spots just outside the yard as well. We stopped from time to time to take breaks including at a store so we could buy a drink to keep hydrated.
It first my ankles were getting sore but then realized that you can use your body to accelerate and decelerate, "lean forward and lean backward" and once I figured that out it was a breeze.

Any time we go on vacation now we will be looking for Segway tours and book it first thing.
Two thumbs up :)

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Carl C

Frederick, Maryland
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Tour”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We took this tour on a recent Bermuda cruise. We have taken many Segway tours in the US and other countries and this was one we can strongly recommend. Disa was our tour guide and gave us a great personalized tour. She is very knowledgable of the history and information of the tour area. There were just two of us so it felt like we had a private tour. The immediate dockyards area is covered throughly with multiple photo ops. Since we needed no training on the Segways, we spent time going a bit further afield and doing touring versus training. Tours are easily booked at the information center kiosk at the cruise ship pier just beyond the ferry terminal.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Patric B
mt ephraim,nj
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Off the tourist path”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband & I did the Segway tour of the Dockyard area last week. Incredible views (once we got out of the dockyard). Lisa, our guide is fantastic-very friendly & informative. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves & highly recommend!

Huntersville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So Much Fun and Very Informative”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is my 6th trip to Bermuda but my 1st Segway tour. My guide, Disa, was excellent. She was knowledgeable about the history of Dockyard and the historic buildings that are there. We also discussed local vegetation and I even ate a cherry from one of the shrubs- which tastes very different from cherries I have had - it has a tangerine/cherry taste. Also since it was my first time ever on a Segway, I was so glad Disa took time to make me comfortable with before we took off for our tour. I definitely recommend this tour. It won't disappoint!

1 Thank ChiefLifeOfficer
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“fun, fun, fun!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband, 17 year old daughter and I just came back from a cruise to Bermuda. This was the most fun we had! We saw two small beaches off the usual tourist path. I am a nervous person and the tour guides took plenty of time to make me (and everyone else in the tour) comfortable. We recommend this highly!