“fun to ride, but poor tour”
Review of Segway of Bermuda

Segway of Bermuda
Ranked #13 of 23 Tours in Sandys Parish
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour the Royal Naval Dockyard and New National Museum. Experience the Segway Human Transporter, Bermuda's latest mode of transportation on a high tech tour of Dockyard. With cutting edge technology, this revolutionary machine is environmentally friendly, self balancing, and fun and easy to ride. The adventure begins with your safety in mind and includes thorough training session and you will be gliding effortlessly through the Royal Naval Dockyard, enjoying unbeatable ocean views, and exploring historical sites along the way, including the Clocktower Mall, historic Casemates Prison, Victualling Yard, the Glassblowing and Rumcake Factory, Historic Sail Loft and much, much, more. This tour allows you ample opportunity for photos and memories you will cherish for a life time. With the breeze in your face, and vista views of the entire island, this tour is a unique way to see and experience Bermuda.Bookings are handled by the Island Tour Centre.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The tour was terrible. You did get to ride around on the Segway, which was fun obviously, and easy to get the hang of, but there was no valuable information about the Island of Bermuda given. Disappointing.

1  Thank Chickson1
"great tour"
in 9 reviews
"usual tourist"
in 2 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 5 reviews
"lots of fun"
"naval dockyard"
"america's cup"
"clocktower mall"
"ice cream"
in 71 reviews

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I did the Segway tour of the Dockyard with the guide Jordan. There was about 10 in our group. It cost $75 per person for a 90 minute tour. The tour was fun and informative. I would highly recommend anyone to take the Segway tour, it a ton of fun!

1  Thank Basset_Mom
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have been on 3 segway tours and are both in our 30s and cant beleive the high reviews on here for them. Here are the facts.

1. dont book directly thru them, they charge you more then if you book a tour via your cruise ship. We paid 75 per person and people on our cruise paid 65 per person

2. the segways are capped at a low speed and you dont spend alot of time on them. there is a lot of talking that occurs when you stand off your segway. other tours we have done cover alot of space and have headphones so the tour operator can give you a tour

3. very pricey for 90 minutes of seeing a dockyard, you dont get to see much

honestly, save your money and do a segway tour somewhere else for your first experience

2  Thank prouss134439
segwaybm, Owner at Segway of Bermuda, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

We apologize for this incident and the huge inconvenience it caused our guest. Unfortunately the only staff member available was hospitalized, and was not able to respond quickly or correctly to avert this disaster.

Weather is an issue at times, as we dont like to operate if the roads are to slippery, which occurs after substantial dry periods and then light rains.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Apparently I was the only person who had book a tour and the person running the show did not wanted to be bothered. A week early I pre-booked a tour at the day and time suggested by the company.

Early on the morning of my tour I happened to check email and found a message left late the night before warning of rain and suggesting a delay. Since the weather report only said 10% chance of rain (!), I replied that I saw no reason to postpone the tour! So I left my B&B, walked into Hamilton, took the half-hour ferry ride over to Dockyards, and waited for Segway to open at the agreed-upon time.

After wasting time waiting, I went to the nearby information center where a nice woman called the Segway number and was told Desi was not feeling well. So the new excuse was not rain (it was a beautiful sunny day) but "not feeling well." (And email had also been sent with that new second excuse.

As it turns out, you do not need Segway to see Dockyards at all. The area is not that large. Segways are fun but not worth $75 for 90 minutes in a some area. Save $75, tour Dockyards yourself, and take Bus #7 back to Hamilton to enjoy the scenic route back. (Ferry over, bus back.)

[I have the email exchanges if the owner doubts my accurate account of the employees unreliable service and changing excuses.]

4  Thank JGalt99
See more reviews
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had pre-booked online before ever arriving in Bermuda and I would highly recommend doing so. Early excursions times were available but later times filled up and I heard customers were turned away. We were thoroughly trained and allowed to practice before we ever set out. Within 5 minutes, I felt very comfortable riding the Segway.
LOVED the tour. Rode about the Royal Dock area, periodically stopping for info from our guide. We then set out into a bit of countryside to enjoy the harbor view. Had so much fun, can't wait till I get to do this again.