“Excellent Segway Tour of the Royal Naval Dockyards”
Review of Segway of Bermuda

Segway of Bermuda
Ranked #12 of 22 Tours in Sandys Parish
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour the Royal Naval Dockyard and New National Museum. Experience the Segway Human Transporter, Bermuda's latest mode of transportation on a high tech tour of Dockyard. With cutting edge technology, this revolutionary machine is environmentally friendly, self balancing, and fun and easy to ride. The adventure begins with your safety in mind and includes thorough training session and you will be gliding effortlessly through the Royal Naval Dockyard, enjoying unbeatable ocean views, and exploring historical sites along the way, including the Clocktower Mall, historic Casemates Prison, Victualling Yard, the Glassblowing and Rumcake Factory, Historic Sail Loft and much, much, more. This tour allows you ample opportunity for photos and memories you will cherish for a life time. With the breeze in your face, and vista views of the entire island, this tour is a unique way to see and experience Bermuda.Bookings are handled by the Island Tour Centre.
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I were getting ready for a trip to Bermuda for our 10th year anniversary when I saw an internet ad about the Segway Tours in the Royal Naval Dockyard. I've been wanting to try the Segway for a while now and this was a great opportunity for me to do so. So when we got to Bermuda, I called and set-up the tour for Monday, November 5 at noontime. Disa was our tour guide. She was able to teach us how to ride the Segway quickly and safely (the process took about 10 to 15 minutes). Then we were off to explore the Dockyard. Disa was fairly knowledgeable about the sites, not delving too much on details. She kept the tour simple and fun. She also made sure we captured the fond memories by taking timely photographs of myself and my wife enjoying the sights of the Dockyard. We also took a quick tour of the surrounding areas: a picnic area, a residential area (one of my favorites), and passed by the correctional facility. The entire tour took about 90 or more minutes.

Initially, I was worried about our safety on the Segways. I heard some horror stories about people getting into bad accidents and getting seriously hurt. After the tour, I realized that those people who got into accidents were either very unfortunate or were not safely operating the equipment. I think if you follow the tour guide's safety instructions, you will be all set. The local traffic did not bother us as much since it was kind of slow when we visited. There were not a lot of scooters or buses on the roadways.

My wife and I had a grand time with Disa, exploring the Royal Naval Dockyard in Bermuda. Personally, this was one of the highlights of our visit to the island. I would definitely recommend doing the Segway Tour of the Royal Naval Dockyard to others thinking of vacationing in the wonderful island of Bermuda!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Segways are by far the best way to see a new location.
This is the second time I've done this one in Dockyard and have enjoyed it on both occasions. They differed in the areas explored but both times aspects of Bermudian culture and history were explained very well. We even got to taste (yes, taste!) the unique spices and plants that we came across en route.
Overall I'd recommend it to anyone visiting Bermuda and it should be done even before walking around Dockyard. You'll know what attractions to look out for afterwards.

1  Thank Greg M
Reviewed September 8, 2012

this tour was amazing. this was our first trip to Bermuda and my sister, father, and i decided to try it out. the tour showed the best places to go right in dockyard. our tour guide was very nice and she brought us to a couple of scenic sites for pictures and to hang out at. this tour is very recomended

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our group of 6 took the tour of the Royal Dockyard area on 8/29/12 at 10 AM. Our guide Disa was wonderful, and we had a great time seeing the area and enjoying the machine ans the island. We all loved it and want to do it again.

1  Thank Charles F
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This tour was probably the most fun we had in Bermuda! Our tour guide was wonderful, she made learning to ride the Segways easy. This is a great way to get around and see this part of the island, and there were plenty of opportunities to get good photos. I would highly recommend this tour, and would definitely do it again on a return visit to Bermuda.

1  Thank Cooltravelguy