“A MUST DO for ANYONE going to Bermuda!!”

Blue Hole Water Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: If you're looking for a fun day on the water, let the friendly staff at Blue Hole Water Sports show you how. We rent 13ft Boston Whalers (max 4 people) outfitted with steering consoles and Bimini tops, complimentary snorkel gear and coolers included. We also offer Sunfish Sail Boats, Windsurfers (for the beginner and advanced), single and double kayaks, and new our line up of Stand Up Paddle Boards. All at Bermuda's best rates. We are located on the east end of the island, just two minutes from the airport at the Beach of Grotto Bay Hotel.
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Last August I planned a trip to Bermuda so that I could propose to my fiancee. I had never been to Bermuda and was not sure exactly how I would create the perfect moment. Because we were staying at nearby Grotto Bay Beach Resort, the first place I looked into was Blue Hole Water Sports. I called and spoke with the owner, Michael. I told him about my plan and he was EXTREMELY helpful. He told me he had the perfect, secluded place--Castle Island--and that he could rent us a motorboat to get there. What really made Blue Hole immediately stand out for me was MIchael's willingness to go above and beyond for me. He was friendly, informative, and more importantly, very willing to help me preserve the surprise I had planned for the day, and even suggested a few great ideas to make the event even more memorable. That went a long way toward making me feel better about my plans--I had to trust him in choosing the place where I was going to propose. He did NOT disappoint. In fact, Michael and the Blue Hole team probably provided me with the best customer service that I've received in years (and yes, I am a fervent restaurant goer). They are wonderful.

The place Michael sent us, Castle Island, is a collection of lslands on the south side of the harbor that is located south of the causeway. There is basically a football-sized sand bar located between Castle Island and the mainland (Tuckerstown). The water was bright blue, clear, and about 4-5 feet deep. I was blown away. It completely exceeded my expectations. When we arrived, we anchored the boat in the sand, threw up the boat's canopy, and had a picnic lunch. Then we went swimming for a bit (off the boat, which was quite easy). Then I proposed, and she said yes! We spent the rest of the afternoon swimming, snorkeling, and hanging out on the boat. It was beautiful, secluded and private. We went to Horseshoe Bay the next day...it doesn't compare. Castle Island made Horseshoe Bay look like a crowded subway car!

If you are looking for an adventure, some privacy, or just an amazingly beautiful place to go for a swim or snorkel, I suggest you go to Blue Hole Water Sports and let Michael set you up for an excursion to Castle Island.

The first thing on my to-do list when we next go to Bermuda is to head to Castle Island via Blue Hole Water Sports.

4  Thank Nedly21

Reviewed June 21, 2010

We had a fantastic day on the water. We rented a Boston Whaler from Blue Hole Water Sports for the day. During the course of the day we stopped at 5-6 snorkling spots as well as motored up to St George for a great lunch on the waterfront. The cost including fuel for 8 hours was $221.

Having only driven a motor boat a few times I was a little concerned but they had a very clear picture map and anchoiring off the beaches was no problem. The boat itself was pretty idiot proof to drive

5  Thank PekingDuck