“Great Golf Resort”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hamilton Parish
Tuckers Point Club Golf Villas
Burlington, Vermont
“Great Golf Resort”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

This resort offers some great golf packages off-season. The course associated with the hotel is in great shape, challenging and right on the property. You also get playing privileges on select days at the adjacent Mid Ocean Club, the great C. B. Macdonald gem, so you have two courses you can play without having to get into a taxi. Rooms are first class and The Point is a great restaurant. There is also a pub option for lower key dining. Staff could not be more accommodating and gracious in a genuine way. A very short ride from the airport and with customs for returning US passengers taken care of in Bermuda the return home is seamless. This is a perfect place for a 4-5 day getaway.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FlynnDog05495

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Overall very nice visit.

Pros:
The property is just a few years old and very upscale
Our room was great with a large bath and large private patio with a table chairs and daybed.
Didn't play golf but the course is supposedly very good.
Beach is beautiful
It was a bit rough when we were their but there is good snorkeling about 100 yards off the beach
The beach club has two pools, restaurant, bar and great views of the beach
Great service by island standards

Cons:
Not directly on the ocean but overlooks the sound
Need to take a 10 minute shuttle ride to the beach club (It runs about every 20 minutes)
The restaurant facilities were nice but food was just okay

Overall, I would recommend the resort. Next time I think we will try the Reefs Resort (www.thereefs.com) which we have heard was also very good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bvanc
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Beautiful & exquisite!! Crystal blue waters..spend the day swimming & relaxing..
2 hour flight from philadelphia..that works for me..Perfect weather & accommodations..
Cozy high Bed!! I Loved it! It was like a Honeymoon!! Private & relaxed atmosphere..
No one bothers you unless you need them.You truly feel like a Princess in this Palace!.
We went out for dinner every night..We Love the restaurant "Blu"..It has been our favorite every time we travel to bermuda..Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SkysMommy4
Ridley Park, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I stayed at the Rosewood Tucker's Point Hotel for five nights. The room was gorgeous with a wonderful view. The room was very clean. Service was excellent. The staff members were very friendly. The infinity pool was beautiful and very clean. If you want to feel like a queen or king for a week, this is the place you want to stay. My only complaint is the restaurant's menu never changes from day to day.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank GeriFoster
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I saw a few reviews on here with people complaining about service. I honestly don't know what the expectations of these people are! My wife and I stayed here for 2 days and were blown away by the beauty of the resort, the fine upkeep, and the hospitality shown by everyone there. Yes, it is expensive and we had to extend ourselves a bit to stay there - but as my wife said, "I don't know how we'll ever be able to go to another place - because we'll always compare it to this place!".

In our short time, we availed of almost every service and ate at every restaurant. From the Point to the Beach Club to golfing to the spa - it was all great.

The rooms were beyond compare - tastefully decorated. The maid service every day was fantastic and the turn down service at night was a nice touch.

The concierge sent us a nice bottle of Champagne to help us celebrate our anniversary. Perhaps it was because we went in September which is heading towards the end of the season, but in many ways, we felt we had the place to ourselves!

If I had to make one suggestion for improvement it would be for them to increase the frequency or reliability of the shuttle service to/from the golf club/beach club...but when you are in such beautiful places, what is the rush, anyway?

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John R
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 19, 2011

If the location works for you and you don't want a mega hotel, stay here. We've learned that you take these reviews with a grain of salt and half are right half are from someone ticked off and half are from the competition.
I'm sure some people have had a bad experience here, but believe me; every person we encountered has been supremely pleasant and greeted us "hello", every employee has been great, the place is only two years old so it is in fantastic shape, the golf course is better than you think (although it can use some architectural tweaking), the food was superb and the views breathtaking.
We strongly recommend this hotel for anyone planning a trip to Bermuda. I'm sure there are other nice facilities but they can't be much nicer than this!

• Stayed September 2011
4 Thank GMFLAW
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We honeymooned at Tuckers Point and we had an unbelievable time. The restaurants on site are amazing, and the grounds are impeccable. Tuckers has their own private beach club which is top notch, it allows you sit on the beach or pool just steps away from each other. Their is a full service restaurant and bar which is great too. While Tuckers is a bit off the beaten path you really don't have to leave much unless you want to, they have everything you could ask for. The only thing we were a bit surprised about was the amount of children vacationing at Tuckers, there were a number of families and while we love children we did not expect there to be so many. I assume this is because of the large amount of time shared real estate on site.

My only recommendation I would say to tuckers is to draw the line in the sand better of where children are and aren't allowed. For instance, I think The Point restaurant (formal dining option) should have a cutoff time of when children are allowed in. That way us younger (or older) single people can still enjoy a peaceful dinner w/o children potentially acting up. Just my two cents!

We highly recommend Tuckers Point if you want truly a classy top notch vacation.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
#3 of 3 in Southampton Parish
Cambridge Beaches
Cambridge Beaches
#1 of 3 in Sandys Parish

Been to Tuckers Point Club Golf Villas? Share your experiences!