“Well worth seeing; experience highly dependent on your guide”

Crystal & Fantasy Caves
Book In Advance
More Info
$84.00*
and up
Crystal Caves, Shopping and Beach Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Travel 120 feet below the earth's surface and explore subterranean lakes and passageways.
Ottawa, Canada
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Well worth seeing; experience highly dependent on your guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

We visited in March 2014 with our 2 kids (3,11).

We were staying at Grotto Bay and the caves are a short walk from the hotel so was on my must see list. We toured both caves and all of us preferred the fantasy cave but I think a lot of that had to do with the guide we had (Ron) who was outstanding. Knowledgeable but also very entertaining.

The main cave was a great sight and the guide was good but not as good as the guide we had for fantasy.

There's other caves nearby that are also worth checking out...one at Grotto Bay resort and another at Blue Hole Hill park ( the blue hole one used to be a public exhibit as well).

Worth a visit and worth seeing both caves.

camp hill
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Unlike the other reviewer, I actually preferred the Fantasy cave because there were so many more "untouched" places in the cave. Tour guides were great...I would highly recommend NOT doing both caves if you have children with you (just too long) But if you are a geek of any kind, you will want to see both. On a bad weather day, this is the perfect thing to do. The guides make it very clear that you do NOT touch the cave formations.......they have taken thousands of years to form...so please dont mess with them. the only bad thing I can say, is that on our tour into the fantasy cave, one of the couples was a young fashionable "Euro Couple" that were more interested in taking sexy selfies of each other in the cave, than they were of actually appreciating what they were looking at. All that is well and good, but the dude kept touching the Stalagtites and even had pictures of himself taken doing it! I just wish the guide would have told them to leave. dont give all the rules about fines and prosecution for touching the formations if you arent going to follow through and do something about it!!!. I wanted to push the guy in the lake, and still sort of wish I would have.

2 Thank CampHillChipper
Findlay, Ohio
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

It's worth it to at least visit the caves once. It seems kind of overpriced, but we're glad we went. The caves are spectacular, and the guides are hilarious but very knowledgeable. You will get a lot of amazing photos in the caves. Keep in mind that the walk will be very steep in a lot of places, and it can be slippery.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank BGfalcon2012
Jersey City, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Very pretty but definitely do not go for the two for one price. I loved the tour guide. Very informative.

1 Thank Sipabo
South Portland, Maine
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Neat place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

My family and I visited both caves recently. They give you a break on the price is you visit both. Our tour guide was very entertaining. We liked the crystal cave better than the fantasy cave. Both have a little something different