I stayed here on a girls getaway so it was booked by one of my girlfriends who had never been to the island. I on the other hand have been vacationing in Bermuda for 40+years staying at Pink Beach Club, Castle Harbour and most recently the amazing Pompano Beach Club.
The lobby itself and proximity of the resort to the airport is the one good thing, from there it goes downhill. We did do the all-inclusive plan and tipped heavily in addition to the already included gratuity thinking we would get better service throughout our stay. At this resort it did not seem to matter. The food was mediocre at best, in both dining rooms the menu looks appealing and the food should taste much better than it did. One waiter in particular, I cannot remember his name, just seemed to want to get us through our meal as quickly as possible and had no people skills. I was unbelievably disappointed with the wine selection on the all-inclusive plan. I wish we had the option to pay more to at least enjoy glasses of wine which were drinkable. I am a wine enthusiast and a foodie so this is what makes or breaks a hotel for me. Our rooms were acceptable, beds were comfortable and housekeeping staff was good. Only one night were we left with no towels when they serviced our room. Stairs are all over the resort and can be tough if you are older but that is the case at many properties in Bermuda. The beach, out of anyone's control due to it being man made, was not great. No pink sand to be seen and no one to help move chairs or put umbrella's up. We had to use a shovel and dig our own hole for the umbrella. Also, since it is mostly all-inclusive no beverage service at the beach. We had to go to pool bar ourselves and get drinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service resort nestled amid 21 acres along the water's edge featuring three restaurants, two bars, water sports, dive shop, tennis facilities, cycle livery, three beaches, children's playground as well as our unique Natura Spa located in one of our Grottos. Resort features Room only, Breakfast Plan, Breakfast and Dinner Plan as well as All Inclusive Supplement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grotto Bay Beach Hotel Hamilton Parish
- Grotto Bay Bermuda
- Hotel Grotto Bay Beach
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort Bermuda
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa Bermuda/Hamilton Parish