We stayed at the Grotto Bay over the Fourth of July weekend. We thought the location was good as it was close to the airport and St Goerges but also not to far from Hamilton or the South Shore beaches (20-30 min). We were on the breakfast only plan and the breakfast was decent but we ate no other meals at the hotel. We rented mopeds right down the street which was very convenient and spent alot of time riding around the island on them.
The rooms were clean and since we had an ocean view room had a very nice view but the decor was dated.
We did not find the staff to be terribly helpful and struggled twice to secure a cab to dinner as the bellman in front and the front desk were not that interested in helping. The beach attendant also told my wife that he was "done putting up umbrellas, put up your own". Not exactly the response that was expected.
The beach was fine but you should be aware it is on more of a bay than the open ocean so if you are looking for a resort with a pink sand beach you will have to go some place else for that. This did not bother us as we enjoyed riding to the beach everyday on our moped but you should be aware of this.
If you go into you trip having read the reviews on this site you will get pretty much what you read. I would recommend this hotel to others armed with the knowledge in these comments.
One last thing my wife and I did have a couples massage in the cave on the property and this is definitely something that you should try. The setting is an incredible underground cave and the therapists were outstanding
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service resort nestled amid 21 acres along the water's edge featuring three restaurants, two bars, water sports, dive shop, tennis facilities, cycle livery, three beaches, children's playground as well as our unique Natura Spa located in one of our Grottos. Resort features Room only, Breakfast Plan, Breakfast and Dinner Plan as well as All Inclusive Supplement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grotto Bay Beach Hotel Hamilton Parish
- Grotto Bay Bermuda
- Hotel Grotto Bay Beach
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort Bermuda
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa Bermuda/Hamilton Parish