I have hesitated since returning from Grotto Bay on 12th March. We were so looking forward to our visit since reading the Saga brochure for many times, but it did not live up to our expectations. Yes we did have poor weather, rain and wind and it was quite cold at times which doesn't help wherever you are but there were other things which did not help to make our visit enjoyable.
The menu in the Hibiscus restaurant was the same everyday, so if you didn't fancy anything on day one you were snookered. At The Palm restaurant was the same. Food was cold and looked unappetising, and only a choice of four deserts each day.
If we were back in time in the afternoon we went to partake of "tea and cakes" at 3.30pm but this was a luke warm cup of tea and stale scones, sometimes with cream and jam if you were lucky. On our last day whilst we were waiting to be picked up to go to the airport the scones jam and cream had been removed. How mean. This was probably because our time was up.
The grounds of the hotel were great. The buses were great and the fact that Saga gave us a weeks bus pass for free allowing us to go all over the Island was brilliant. This aside the rest was not good. Don't mention the rips in the armchairs in the lounge area, how disgraceful they should be put on a bonfire before 5th November.
Thanks to all the Saga guests who were with us during our week it was a pleasure to meet you. The best meal of the week was the Saga Farewell Dinner which was delicious. Why couldn't the food have been like it all the week?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service resort nestled amid 21 acres along the water's edge featuring three restaurants, two bars, water sports, dive shop, tennis facilities, cycle livery, three beaches, children's playground as well as our unique Natura Spa located in one of our Grottos. Resort features Room only, Breakfast Plan, Breakfast and Dinner Plan as well as All Inclusive Supplement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grotto Bay Beach Hotel Hamilton Parish
- Grotto Bay Bermuda
- Hotel Grotto Bay Beach
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort Bermuda
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa Bermuda/Hamilton Parish