I'll say at the outset that the hotel's own website doesn't do this resort justice. So I hope my review - and those of others - will help to promote the Grotto Bay Beach Resort.
It is a lovely spacious resort with very well maintained grounds and blocks of apartments dotted around the site. We had a top-floor, ocean-view room directly overlooking the bay, with its own very private balcony. The room was very comfortable, with a decent-sized bathroom and good quality towels and spa bathroom products. Hens and roosters, along with a few cats, roam freely around the grounds. No need to worry about not getting a wake-up call!
The were some issues with the TV reception - which was also apparent in the hotel bar area too - so I'm guessing that was environmental, as it did coincide with a short period of poor weather. And, as others have reported, there is no free WiFi and the high per-device charge for access meant we restricted our web-browsing to cafes, bars and restaurants on the island that offered free WiFi to their patrons.
We were on a room-only deal. We ate breakfast twice at the main restaurant. The $20 buffet was very good value for money, with a selection of hot and cold choices that you would expect to see at high-category hotels in the USA. On our other three mornings, we grabbed a lite-bite at the hotel's bar, which was also frequented by the many flight crews who stay here. We also ate dinner at the hotel on one night. Again, the food was of a very high quality.
The staff are very friendly and personable, especially those in the restaurant.
Do take time to visit the small on-site grotto. A very special place.
The location is perfect. You can see the resort from the airport and, after a long flight from the UK, it was great to be in our room within minutes. You can't really hear the airport from the resort, in part because there aren't that many daily flights into Bermuda.
Four bus routes serve the hotel. Two in fact have the resort as their terminus. So you can be in Hamilton (where you can change for busses and ferries to the west of the island) and the historic town of St Georges very quickly. The reception can sell most of the multi-day transportation passes on offer.
We got a really deal from hotels.com (about a 60% saving) and given the high costs of the other accommodation on the island, the Grotto Bay will always offer a great value for money choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service resort nestled amid 21 acres along the water's edge featuring three restaurants, two bars, water sports, dive shop, tennis facilities, cycle livery, three beaches, children's playground as well as our unique Natura Spa located in one of our Grottos. Resort features Room only, Breakfast Plan, Breakfast and Dinner Plan as well as All Inclusive Supplement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grotto Bay Beach Hotel Hamilton Parish
- Grotto Bay Bermuda
- Hotel Grotto Bay Beach
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort Bermuda
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa Bermuda/Hamilton Parish