Grotto Bay Beach Resort has a really great thing going for it - a cave on there property. That was definitely an amenity that I had never seen and really appreciated. You can swim in the cave which is both creepy and fun at the same time. The thing is, you don't have to stay at Grotto Bay to go to the cave, so you're better off staying somewhere nicer and visiting Grotto Bay to check out the cave.
Our room at Grotto Bay had a small but nicely renovated bathroom. Water gets everywhere when you're showering because there isn't a shower curtain, just a half glass wall. They don't provide conditioner, only shampoo - so make sure to pack your own if you stay there.
The hotel room itself was in need of updating. The bedspreads reminded me of the 1980s, and the TV looked like it was about a 19 in box that was a good 15 years old. Luckily we were in Bermuda and didn't have a need for the TV.
Our room did have a refrigerator, which came in handy. Unfortunately there's not a grocery store anywhere close, so we only stored water that we'd gotten across the street at what we referred to as the Costco of Bermuda.
We ate lunch at the pool restaurant once. It was overpriced and not very good. The only other food option that is within walking distance is the Swizzle Inn. Once you go once you'll probably never want to go back. It's definitely bar food.
If you walk out of the resort and go to the left and cross the street at the gas station you'll find an amazing trail. We did the hike twice and took all of the paths off the main trail and were amazed by all the caves. It's a definite must while you're in Bermuda.
All of the nice Bermuda beaches are a long cab or moped ride away. Grotto Bay is right next to the airport. I'd recommend staying on a different part of the island, where you have access to the nicer beaches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service resort nestled amid 21 acres along the water's edge featuring three restaurants, two bars, water sports, dive shop, tennis facilities, cycle livery, three beaches, children's playground as well as our unique Natura Spa located in one of our Grottos. Resort features Room only, Breakfast Plan, Breakfast and Dinner Plan as well as All Inclusive Supplement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grotto Bay Beach Hotel Hamilton Parish
- Grotto Bay Bermuda
- Hotel Grotto Bay Beach
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort Bermuda
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa Bermuda/Hamilton Parish