My new husband and I recently had our honeymoon at Grotto Bay Beach Resort in Hamilton Parish Bermuda.
When making our choice, my husband suggested Hawaii. He had been, I had not. So...I was at the point of booking our Hawaii vacation when I came to the last button which was offering discounts on different activities. The resort alone was over $3500 with airfare and of course, there are no all inclusive resorts there, but each activity seemed to cost over $150 per person.
So..I told him it was just way too expensive, PLUS, from the midwest, I didn't want the long flight, it was then, he suggested Bermuda.
He had been to Bermuda before and said they had the prettiest water AND the prettiest beaches, just not as many.
I did my research and decided I wanted to do all inclusive and found the Grotto Bay Resort, the only all inclusive resort in Bermuda.
Now, some more fortunate entitled people may not like this place...there was one woman there with 5 children who said she was never coming back, they stayed at the Princess in Hamilton before and it was not that much more expensive. I asked if she did all inclusive and she said no she couldn't do that with 5 children. I told her I did it years ago with my 4 children in Mexico and there are always deals, which of course she never looked into. The best part of my visit with this well entitled woman, was when she told me, "Don't even THINK of going into St George! We were so disappointed!"
So...I told my husband about my conversation with this lady and the next day we decided to go into St George.
St George was WONDERFUL! We took the bus (which is so convenient and the stop is right outside the resort), and when we got there we took this great $10 per person $40 per group horse and buggy ride around St George...it lasted about 30 mins and was well worth it...we then had lunch outside at this charming place, bought perfume at the famous "Bermuda Perfumery" and then took the bus home.
The beach and pool at Grotto Bay is small, but I can't tell you...there is just something about it...it's got good energy all around it and everyone...except for ONE of the female front desk clerks, was nice, helpful, and friendly.
If you ABSOLUTELY don't want kids where you go....you may want to choose an all adult place. We were fine with the kids, and every child there was on their best behavior. Most all resorts seem to gear towards families.
Our best secret is to take the bus to Horseshoe Bay. Get off the bus and walk to the bay. When you get there take a left and keep walking past all the crowd and look for a path. Take this path and keep walking until you get to the second or third beach. Each beach gets a bit more beautiful and a bit more secluded...You'll see what I mean.....there are no amenities there.....do some relaxing, praying, meditations?
I will leave you with this....find a man at the resort named E.Michael Jones. He works at the resort and was a former mayor of St George. We loved visiting with him and have become friends.
Oh, make sure you book a couples' massage at the spa cave!
I hope this review helped you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service resort nestled amid 21 acres along the water's edge featuring three restaurants, two bars, water sports, dive shop, tennis facilities, cycle livery, three beaches, children's playground as well as our unique Natura Spa located in one of our Grottos. Resort features Room only, Breakfast Plan, Breakfast and Dinner Plan as well as All Inclusive Supplement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grotto Bay Beach Hotel Hamilton Parish
- Grotto Bay Bermuda
- Hotel Grotto Bay Beach
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort Bermuda
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa Bermuda/Hamilton Parish