My wife and I just returned from a 4 day stay at Grotto Bay, and we loved it!!
Prior to booking our reservation, we read all of the reviews on Trip Advisor, and we did see all of the concerns that were listed in the reviews. The majority of the reviews were positive, however there were some negative, and we are so happy that we did not let those negative reviews change our decision to stay at Grotto Bay! Some of the concerns listed were: 1) A lot of stairs and hills on the property, 2) Food was ok, 3) Rooms were ok, and 4) staff was ok. As I said, I am so happy we didn't let these negative and/or neutral reviews change our decision. Here is what we thought about Grotto Bay:
1) Yes, there are a lot of stairs and walking up and down hills to get from the main lobby to the guest rooms, pool, caves, beach, etc., but what the reviews fail to mention is the beautiful landscaping that the walk ways go through. The property is on the side of a hill, and because of that, the views are amazing! No matter where you walk, you can see the beautiful water and the boats out in the bay. The hills and the stairs did not bother us at all, in fact it added to the overall beauty because the buildings are not right on top of each other, and the grounds were meticulous!! Definitely a little piece of paradise!
2) We found the food to be very very good! Both my wife and I like to dine out frequently, and we also enjoy cooking, so I like to think we know some things about good food, and the food at Grotto Bay was very good as I mentioned. We did the all inclusive and the lunch and dinner were excellent! The breakfast was good as well, especially the omlets, but the overall breakfast buffet was similar to other breakfast buffets we've had. Nothing bad at all about it, just didn't rank as high as the lunch and dinners did for us. We were never disappointed at all with any meal.
3) We stayed in a newly rennovated room and it was beautiful! Everything was modern and decorated very nicely and had a great tropical Bermuda feel to it. The view of the water and property from our Balcony was fantastic! Yes, the walls are a tad bit thin, so we did hear the folks next to us a few times, but what hotel walls are not thin? This is nothing new. If someone knows of a resort out there where the walls are thick and you don't hear other people, please let me know.
4) The staff at Grotto Bay were all very friendly and very helpful! June from guest services couldn't do enough for us!! She organized golf for us, made recommendations on itineraries and gave us specific directions for our sight seeing travels. Whenever I left a message for her with another staff member, she always left a prompt message in our room. She genuinely wanted to ensure that we were having a great time, which we did! We found the same with the wait staff, and other staff members as well. You are always greeted with a sincere hello, good morning, good afternoon, etc.
Although Grotto Bay is much closer to St. Georges than it is to Hamilton or the other beaches, it is very convenient to get around. We found the bus transportation to be excellent, as the drivers were very helpful and always ensured we got off at the right spot. If traveling to Hamilton or the beaches, I would highly recommend the bus. Cabs are a bit expensive, so take advantage of the bus.
All pevious reviews mention the Swizzle Inn, and we did go there and had a great time! The food is great and the rum swizzles are excellent! It's a short walk from the resort and well worth a visit!
We had a great time in Bermuda and our stay at Grotto Bay was excellent! I would definitely stay there again and would highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service resort nestled amid 21 acres along the water's edge featuring three restaurants, two bars, water sports, dive shop, tennis facilities, cycle livery, three beaches, children's playground as well as our unique Natura Spa located in one of our Grottos. Resort features Room only, Breakfast Plan, Breakfast and Dinner Plan as well as All Inclusive Supplement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grotto Bay Beach Hotel Hamilton Parish
- Grotto Bay Bermuda
- Hotel Grotto Bay Beach
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort Bermuda
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa Bermuda/Hamilton Parish