“Positively Wonderful”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hamilton Parish
Briarcliff Manor, NY
“Positively Wonderful”
Reviewed October 26, 2010

My husband and I recently spent three nights at Tucker's Point to celebrate our 10th anniversary. It is truly a very beautiful, luxurious place. I would very strongly reccomend it.

We booked through the preferred hotel group's website and received a complementary room upgrade, breakfast daily and a 75$/day resort credit with our rate.

Hotel: The hotel is very beautiful, and the grounds are perfectly maintained. (I saw a person one night vacuuming the trim and moldings around the hotel!). The finishes, marble and furniture are all of excellent quality and very elegant throughout the hotel, from public rooms, restaurants, bathrooms, halls, you name it. They really appeared to have spared no expense and the attention to detail from a design persective is impressive. The pools are gorgeous, and there is a nice supply of sunscreens, magazines, citrus water and someone to set up your chair and take drink orders.

Room: we had a "17" which is apparently the one to get, according to our bell captain since it has a very large balcony and is on the corner of the hotel floor, its very private and you have water views from every window. Our room was gorgeous and there was plenty of storage. There is a small fridge with ginger beer and water set up for you daily and we enjoyed breakfast on the patio. Our bathroom was incredible and just like you see on the hotel website. Toiletries are refreshed (contrary to what you may have read here- you just have to ask, but shower gel is not available). Daily turndown service is provided and nice touches included a hook to hang your coat by the door, umbrella stand with a nice big umbrella, smart desk with lots of outlets, and lighting that turns on when you open the closet door to find plenty of hangers (padded too ladies).

Restaurants: We ate at all of them. The food and service was good, with some small exceptions(see more below). The cafe has a very delicious pulled pork and black bean wrap-my husband loved it. The Point for breakfast was great, and dinner was very delicious as well. Our favorite was the beach club though, the pastas were by far the best on the island and the views were amazing. One thing we noticed throughout the restaurants was that the waitstaff appears to cover the whole floor and so you seem to get "do you want more water?" a few times, by different people and you get a lot of overlap with that. Another thing we noticed is that drink menus are not handed out or left at the tables/bars- kind of hard to figure out what to order (and I think they would sell more wine by the glass, etc).. and they really need to get a tv set up in the bar/lounge area at the Point. We were there during the ALCS playoffs and could not find a single bar area to watch the game at.-It's like the whole place went to bed after dinner. We would have loved to have had a few drinks and watch the game at the bar.

We also at a Bolero, in Hamilton (very good) and Rustico, in the Flatts (not as great as I had expected- based on TA reviews we had read).

The Beach: Yes you have to take to tram to the beach and its a 10 minute drive through the tuckers point golf course, it's really no big deal and it runs all day and night. There is a nice horizon pool, bar, lounges and restaurant. Then you go down to what was probably the nicest beach my husband and I ever went to. Beautiful pink sand, calm warm water that was so clear and blue. They set you up with loungers, unbrellas, towels, tables. You have to get your own drinks back up at the bar, no on the beach bar service- chair flags for service would be nice. We took a ride to Horseshoe beach and still liked Tucker's Point beach more. Be careful if you have kids of the beach glass though- there is a lot of it.

Spa: My husband had a deep tissue massage and said it was good.

Hamilton: We probably would skip going into hamilton next time. It really seemed more for business than tourism.

We loved Bermuda, and were amazed at how beautiful it was, and so close to home. Our one major complaint would be the transportation- we spent in three nights about $300 in taxi fares. TP to Hamilton is about 20$ each way. Airport 20$, Southhampton 30$, and if you ride in a taxi on a Sunday, the fare is even higher. We spent 50$ just to/from Rustico. Bermuda has to do something about transportation for its tourists. Buses and ferries, according to the schedules online only run until about 7 pm. How does that help tourists wanting to go to dinner? Scooters are not feasable, what if it rains or you have kids? I understand that they don't want more cars on the road but what about Golf carts, a hotel shuttle, something please!

I'm not sure I would go to Tucker's Point with young kids although I did see kids there. It definitely is very upscale and I did not see a dedicated children's area at the hotel. But mainly because of the transportation issues. I can't see it being easy to schlep your kids and all of their stuff, plus wait for a tram and the vibe is just so calm and quiet there, that I would be worried that my kids would be spoiling it for the couples. We were there late in the season though, maybe in the summer it's different. But if you are a couple looking for an amazing place to relax and enjoy- there can not be a better place.

Finally we must thank Mr. Brian Young, Tucker's Point hotel manager. He very graciously sent us a handwritten note congratulating us on our anniversary along with a bottle of champagne one night. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Moochiebella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Korean first
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Reviewed October 17, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Tucker's Point toward the end of September, just after hurricane Igor swept through the island. We were nervous about our stay, both due to the unknown state of the island post-hurricane and because of some of the negative reviews I had read on this site. Well, apart from a room mishap upon check-in (which was taken care of most graciously by Jerome, one of the managers), we could not have asked for a better vacation. The hotel and rooms are beautiful, with lovely views of the warm blue Bermudan waters. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful (with the exception of one dinner that we had at the more casual hotel restaurant--the waiter was not very attentive), from the General manager to the doormen to the "jeep-train" drivers. Yes, there were ants around, especially by the lovely infinity pool, but the ants had to be busy rebuilding after being drowned out of their colonies by a hurricane! This was my first time in Bermuda and I loved every second of it. We will definitely be back and the only place I would stay is at Tucker's Point. Loved it.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 7, 2010

My boyfriend and I visited Tucker's Point the last week in September. This place was absolutely amazing. As backwards as it may seem, I booked the room from pictures prior to reading the reviews on this website. After reading the reviews I was intimidated to visit due to all of the negative reviews in addition to the amount we were paying for the room.

Yes, I agree that the air condition was hard to figure out. But, what a small thing to complain about in paradise. We eventually figured it out and then decided we didn't need it after opening the balcony doors. Yes, there are a few ants, but I noticed that in the second hotel we stayed at. Plus, this an island. Yes, you do have to take a golf cart to the beach but it comes every 15 minutes like clock work.

From the moment we pulled up to the resort and was met by the bellman/ concierge until the moment we left it was out this world. The hotel was decorated very nicely. Everything was top notch from the huge fluffy towels to the ipod dock to the his and hers robes, etc. The ambience of the rooms made you feel that you were in another world. Most of the reviews described staff that was rude and unresponsive. We found it to be just the opposite. All staff spoke upon seeing you and they were very quick with setting up taxis, room service, reservations at restaurants, etc.

The food at the hotel was very good. At most hotels, the room service usually sucks. But, we found ourselves eating room service for breakfast every morning and once during dinner.

All in all, we enjoyed ourselves. Having to go to the second hotel for my husband to conduct business felt like we were going to a dump!!!
We have said this definately our only hotel of choice whenever we go back to Bermuda.

Weddington, NC
Reviewed October 7, 2010

The Rudy and Randolph Team greets you as if you're family. The rooms are magnificent, the views so beautiful it looks like a picture post card... and the location, the Beach Restaurant, the shops in the Hotel, the entire ambiance just creates scenes of instant nostalgia! The Point Bar & Restaurant serves a mean breakfast, and the choices are excellent.
We so thoroughly enjoyed ourselves that we want to rush right back!
Definitely worth the price.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rokkij
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 6, 2010

the rooms and hotel are very nice. the general attitude of the staff is that you are bothering them and they really don't seem to care. Very little attention to detail. Would be a great spot if four seasons took over the place

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank luxurytravelerNYC
philadelphia
Reviewed October 1, 2010

My husband and I went for Labor Day weekend and got a great deal on Skyauction- however still spent alot on the hotel. IT is beautiful property and we stayed in one of the stnadard room and thought it was very nice. We utilized the pools, beach, went snorkeling and kayaking- ( snorkeling and kayaking weren't cheap!!) Unlike other reviews we found the staff to be nice and helpful- what i think many need to realize is that Bermudians are very reserved and aren't "in your face" they way some tourist islands tend to be- they wait for you to approach them- but when we did they always were polite and helpful.The problem we had which others have mentioned is that you are really stuck on the property,we like to explore and going anywhere cost a min of $25 cab each way and to go into hamilton would be closer to $50. that is alot of money to add to the cost of going to dinner- we used the bus during the day but they stop running at 6pm- food on the property is not bad but expensive and limited. they should have some sort of free transportaion to areas outside of the resort.

1 Thank PhiladelphiaDeb
surrey
Reviewed September 30, 2010

My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful week at Tucker's Point. I had read some of the negative reviews here and was a little concerned as this was a special holiday to celebrate my husband's birthday. We arrived last Wednesday, a few days later than planned, due to Hurricane Igor. Everyone on the island appeared to have worked hard to try and get the island back to normal, and clearly the hotel had too. The Beach Club was closed until Saturday due to some damage.
The hotel is just stunning and in a fabulous location. We found the service to be impeccable and they are keen to address the issues experienced by earlier guests.
This was our first trip to Bermuda and we loved it. We had some memorable meals during our stay:

Hamilton:
Silk-great Thai restaurant
Barracuda Grill-expensive but great lobster and good wine list
Tucker's Point:
Beach Club-lovely to sit by the sea in the evening. Good steaks
The Point-upmarket, smart food and good wine

I would highly recommend Tucker's Point and shall definitely return

Cambridge Beaches
Cambridge Beaches
#1 of 3 in Sandys Parish
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,054 reviews

Been to Rosewood Tucker's Point? Share your experiences!