We spent three nights at Tucker's Point with our two adult children over the July 4th holiday weekend. We stayed in a luxurious 2 bedroom villa with marvelous water views. Tucker's Point Resort is by far the best resort in Bermuda, as to location, architecture, furnishings, beach, golf and pool facilities. (We did not try the spa.) We dined at the Pointe upscale/formal restaurant and loved our meal. It was delicious! The outdoor cafe food was tasty too. Most staff were friendly and helpful, there just weren't enough of them! We had a fabulous time overall and would recommend the resort but with the caveat that all is not perfect yet.
We were too often frustrated by little things that mounted up over the stay into a less than five star stay. Let's hope management fixes the problems we had which are identical to the ones cited in previous reviews by other Trip Advisor guests. A year has passed since the resort opened and by now the problems attributed to "new resort working out the kinks" have not been resolved.
This is most disappointing and makes one wonder what plans the hotel has to address them. We hope so as we'd like to return next year for the 5 star perfect stay!
Throughout our 4 day stay we made repeated phone calls to guest services and management reporting one deficiency after another--none of which were terribly critical but when added up were frustrating and put a negative cast to an otherwise perfect holiday weekend. Each issue we raised was dealt with---but guest services always acted "surprised" the issue was present giving us the sense we were the first and only complainers. When staff were sent out to correct the situations, they re-assured us we were not the first/only and encouraged us to keep reporting the problems because "management doesn't listen to them." We heard repeatedly, and concur, that the hotel is understaffed and internal hotel communications need improvement. Also, we feel guest communications as to daily activities and resort opportunities could be improved so guests aren't disappointed that activities space is fully booked before they even knew they were being offered..
Here are the things we think need addressing:
1. better website with more hotel information and 800 telephone concierge services. Advance contact from the hotel to guests informing them of special events during their upcoming stay, need to book appointments, make reservations ahead of time, etc.
2. better check-in process, ability to assist early arrivals better if rooms aren't ready, and a detailed hotel property tour, review of upcoming special activities
3. standard room amenities should include room safes, stocked mini-bars, DVD players and music systems, filled ice buckets. Chocolates at turn-down would be a nice touch too.
4. bathrooms should be outfitted with counter/table space for toilet bags, hot curlers, etc, Magnifying make-up mirrors, more towel bars & rings and robe hooks, plastic bags for wet/dirty clothes should be provided.
We would recommend Tuckers Point for vacationers wanting a luxury stay with top golf, beach and pool amenities.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Rosewood Tucker's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Tucker`s Point Hotel Hamilton Parish
- Tuckers Point Hotel
- Hotel Tuckers Point
- Rosewood Tucker's Point Bermuda/Hamilton Parish