“Fabulous”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hamilton Parish
Belfast ,Northern Ireland
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2010

Tuckers point hotel and spa is simply stunning. The rooms were beautifully decorated and very large.Definitely worth paying for a room with sea view.
Overall service was very good although in the restaurant, service was on a couple of occasions a little slow.
The fine dining restaurant is lovely although the food is probably not quite up to the standard of the renowned Waterlot Inn at the Fairmont.
Dining at the beach club overlooking the water is a must.
As it was not peak season the hotel was a little on the quiet side and therefore at times lacking a little in atmosphere but this would probably have been the case anywhere else in Bermuda given the time of year.
In terms of location it was several Kms out of Hamilton and so outside of the resort itself there was very little else in terms of shopping/restaurants/other activities in walking distance. Taxis are available but pricey. Scooter rental is widely available including on the premises and is probably the easiest most cost effective way to travel about the island.It was great fun! Car rental is not possible on the island.
Finally the diving is great and we would highly recommend the dive centre attached to the hotel.
If looking at Tucker's point website you are tempted you will not be disappointed.
We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gabby37

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Korean first
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2009

I tagged along with my husband to Bermuda who was there on business. A friend of ours who lives on the island recommended making reservations at Tucker's Point. Little did we know that we checked in the second day it was open. We were the first people to stay in our room so needless to say there were some understandable kinks regarding the t.v. and phone, that weren't worked out quickly, but were taken care of before my husband returned from his meeting. Let me tell you, we've stayed at multiple hotels in Bermuda and this was by far the best one. Anyone who has an issue with the service doesn't understand that you're on Island Time once you step foot off the airplane. You'll get your coffee, towels, food, etc., when you get it and that applies to just about anywhere in Bermuda. We're heading back to Tucker's this Spring but this time with the rest of our family and we're very excited to go. I'll never stay at the Princess again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank braunhome
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2009

Tucker's Point Hotel & Spa makes Bermuda better than ever. It makes the most of the island's beauty and personality. From the extremely gracious staff to the luxurious guest rooms with stunning water views, I felt like royalty during my stay. The dining is superb, the spa is wonderful, and the recreation is top-notch. It's just a gorgeous place to live life beautifully. I highly recommend it.

1 Thank bdru
Zug, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2009

A lot has been mentioned in earlier reviews that I agree with. What I would like to add is the quiet and peacefulness. Even though the hotel was fully booked, it never looked busy. The informal, elegant ambience invited us to linger around the pool area where there were many more deck chairs than possible guests.
We had to ask for two toothbrush glasses, they don't seem to be standard at this hotel.
The breakfast prices were absolutely comparable with other fine hotels in Bermuda.
A strict dress code is applied.
Wonderful bell-men made the check-in and -out easy and a special adventure. Thank you Raimond.

1 Thank Rigiblick
zenvest
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

Let me begin by stating that I frequently travel and have stayed at many 4 and 5 star hotels. I was extremely disappointed at my recent stay at Tucker's Point. I read the high reviews and it seems as if it is mostly couples who believed this hotel was top notch. Maybe these lovebirds would be happy in a Days Inn also, but to me Tuckers Point was nowhere near worth the high rates they charge. My room was overrun with ants, as were many of the common areas (the fitness center, pool area). I actually had a rodent in my room one night! The best I can say is the Doorman, Raymond was absolutely charming, very helpful. I will choose to remember him and his hospitality, but the rest of the hotel was easily forgettable. Food was unimpressive also.

2 Thank zenvest
nutley, nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2009

We recetnyl spent seven days here. We have both been to Bermuda before, but it was several years ago. Coming back here again reminded both of us just how close it is by plane, yet once here, you feel like your a million miles away.

I know a lot of people are complaining about the price of this resort, but it's important to remember that this is a luxury facility. We found everything top-notch, including the services, the spa, the food and our suite. Yes, it was very costly, but again, we knew this before we booked it. The golf course was beautful and I had no problem booking any of the spa services, nor did we have any issues with transportation.

We had a Manor Suite and we thoroughly enjoyed every level of luxury within our room. I loved the spa services and again - you need to realize that you are going to be paying alot for these services, as it is a luxuy resort (the spa services pricelist is on the hotel's website), it is also in the hotel room.

We found the restaurants were excellent, the staff went above and beyond and the amenities above par.

We also went over to the four Ways Inn for dinner two nights that we were here (loved it)!!!!

Dana Vigilante

We are definitely looking forward to returning here very soon. We did absolutely nothing but relax and get pampered for the full seven days that we were here, and that was our goal.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 1stClassTravelGirl
Lexington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2009

A long weeekend at Tuckers Point was a return to Bermuda after many years. We realized again how CLOSE it is (to Boston) and yet how FAR away it seemed once we got there -- a real getaway. Tuckers proved to be a good choice for our preferred activities: golf, scuba, spa, and relaxing. The hotel is on a choice piece of property w. water views in all directions. The room was very nice and the hotel overall in great shape (it's a new renovation of the old Marriott on this site).

The golf course has spectacular views and some very memorable, fun holes. The conditions overall were "ok" not up to the best resort courses but pretty good. The golf staff were extremely helpful and flexible; we could get on just about any time we liked. It had the feel of a members-only club (which it is!).

The shortcoming here is the food. There is NO casual dining alternative in the hotel, just the "Point" dining room which seemed tlike a real stuffed-shirt operation. The food at the Pergola cafe was disappointing; same for the beach club restaurant. It speaks volumes about a high-end resort that the best eating establishment was the golf club grill!!

Overall I would recommend TP for an active getaway; just make sure to go off-campus for some nice dining.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Cambridge Beaches
Cambridge Beaches
#1 of 3 in Sandys Parish
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,041 reviews

Been to Rosewood Tucker's Point? Share your experiences!