“Highly Overrated”
Review of Rosewood Bermuda

Rosewood Bermuda
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hamilton Parish
Reviewed October 18, 2009

Let me begin by stating that I frequently travel and have stayed at many 4 and 5 star hotels. I was extremely disappointed at my recent stay at Tucker's Point. I read the high reviews and it seems as if it is mostly couples who believed this hotel was top notch. Maybe these lovebirds would be happy in a Days Inn also, but to me Tuckers Point was nowhere near worth the high rates they charge. My room was overrun with ants, as were many of the common areas (the fitness center, pool area). I actually had a rodent in my room one night! The best I can say is the Doorman, Raymond was absolutely charming, very helpful. I will choose to remember him and his hospitality, but the rest of the hotel was easily forgettable. Food was unimpressive also.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank zenvest

Reviewed October 14, 2009

We recetnyl spent seven days here. We have both been to Bermuda before, but it was several years ago. Coming back here again reminded both of us just how close it is by plane, yet once here, you feel like your a million miles away.

I know a lot of people are complaining about the price of this resort, but it's important to remember that this is a luxury facility. We found everything top-notch, including the services, the spa, the food and our suite. Yes, it was very costly, but again, we knew this before we booked it. The golf course was beautful and I had no problem booking any of the spa services, nor did we have any issues with transportation.

We had a Manor Suite and we thoroughly enjoyed every level of luxury within our room. I loved the spa services and again - you need to realize that you are going to be paying alot for these services, as it is a luxuy resort (the spa services pricelist is on the hotel's website), it is also in the hotel room.

We found the restaurants were excellent, the staff went above and beyond and the amenities above par.

We also went over to the four Ways Inn for dinner two nights that we were here (loved it)!!!!

Dana Vigilante

We are definitely looking forward to returning here very soon. We did absolutely nothing but relax and get pampered for the full seven days that we were here, and that was our goal.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 1stClassTravelGirl
Reviewed October 5, 2009

A long weeekend at Tuckers Point was a return to Bermuda after many years. We realized again how CLOSE it is (to Boston) and yet how FAR away it seemed once we got there -- a real getaway. Tuckers proved to be a good choice for our preferred activities: golf, scuba, spa, and relaxing. The hotel is on a choice piece of property w. water views in all directions. The room was very nice and the hotel overall in great shape (it's a new renovation of the old Marriott on this site).

The golf course has spectacular views and some very memorable, fun holes. The conditions overall were "ok" not up to the best resort courses but pretty good. The golf staff were extremely helpful and flexible; we could get on just about any time we liked. It had the feel of a members-only club (which it is!).

The shortcoming here is the food. There is NO casual dining alternative in the hotel, just the "Point" dining room which seemed tlike a real stuffed-shirt operation. The food at the Pergola cafe was disappointing; same for the beach club restaurant. It speaks volumes about a high-end resort that the best eating establishment was the golf club grill!!

Overall I would recommend TP for an active getaway; just make sure to go off-campus for some nice dining.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CWMBoston
Reviewed September 25, 2009

My husband and I just returned from our first visit to Tucker’s Point to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary and we had a fabulous time. The hotel and surrounding property are exquisite and attention to detail was evident at every turn. We stayed in a suite on the Hamilton Floor (4th floor) with a lovely balcony overlooking the ocean. The bathroom was gorgeous and stocked with toiletries called Fresh. I found out at a visit to the Perfumery in St. George that they had custom designed the scent for Tucker’s Point. I loved the freestanding bathtub with the sea salts and there was a separate shower and toilet and two sinks. In addition, in the living room, there was a wet bar and stocked fridge and beautiful touches everywhere. The bed was enormous and I felt just like a princess.

We went swimming in the ocean at the Beach Club and were pampered by Andre who set up chairs, towels, and an umbrella for us. I am afraid the water was too choppy the day we went to snorkel, but we were able to enjoy the nice warm water and to laze about. The sand was amazing and the color of the water is really like you see in the pictures! I thought for sure the pictures must have been enhanced, but the color of the water is truly amazing! On our last morning, we tried the infinity pool at the hotel and I practically had the entire pool to myself. It was great.

We found the staffing at Tuckers to be friendly and helpful. We were especially aided by the concierge, Sophia and the doorman, Raymond.

We had a lovely anniversary meal in the restaurant, The Point. We started the evening with Kir Royals in the bar and a series of Backgammon games. We then enjoyed a lovely dinner. Each dish was beautifully prepared and the service was attentive. I especially enjoyed the Foe Gras and the Sea Bass. The chef, Serg, knew it was our anniversary and the words “Happy Anniversary” were written in a chocolate sauce surrounding the dessert plate. It was a perfect ending to a lovely meal.

As far as activities, we also ventured off the property and visited St George where we had lunch at the White Horse Tavern. We ate out on the patio and had a great view of the water. I just adored the location. We took a ferry on another day from St. George to the Dockyards where we visited the glass blowers and enjoyed watching the demonstrations. We only briefly peeked at the Clayworks because the kiln was going so it was a bit toasty. We also swam at Snorkel Park and I spotted a few cool fish. We had lunch at the Frog and Onion and had some of their beer brewed on site. It was a pleasant meal with good service.

Another fun excursion was to the Bermuda Aquarium and Zoo. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the fish and the zoo, I really loved the Natural History exhibit about the history of Bermuda and how the islands were formed and have been shaped over time.

Everywhere we went the native Bermudians were friendly and happy to share their knowledge of their homeland.

On our last night, we had the great pleasure of a site that I have only seen once before in my life. We were able to see the Milky Way and it was just spectacular.

My husband and I had a magical time at Tucker’s Point and highly recommend it and a visit to the Island.

2  Thank Buttercup92
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Just returned from a weekend trip, two night stay at Tucker's Point. Overall I would recommend this hotel if you are willing to shell out some major bucks. We stayed on the Devonshire level- top floor, with beautiful views. Our room was gorgeously appointed with a small balcony, the bathroom had a huge tub and walk-in shower. We found the hotel staff extremely welcoming and friendly. We had no problems with service that others have mentioned. They made last mintue dinner reservations for us at the Waterlot Inn with no problems. They called cabs for us when we needed them and always followed up to ask us how our meal or excursion was. We didn't mind taking the trolly to the beach- its just quick ride through the beautiful resort property. We found the staff at the beach very helpful; they actually treated us like royalty fluffing out our beach blankets and setting up our umbrella. We also liked the turn down service in the room with chocolates left on the pillow. There is a lot of attention to detail and they staff seemed like they were happy to be there and genuinely concerned about our enjoyment.
The only real downside is the eye-popping price on everything. Two margaritas at the beach bar ran us $58. Two bowls of ice cream from room service were $25 (no prices on menu). The spa is jaw-droppingly pricey as well, but is really quite exquisite. The massage therapist I saw was very good, but I would expect nothing less for a $180 50 minute massage. I think if you remain focused on how much price gouging is going on you could be miserable, but if you accept the fact that Bermuda is a very expensive place, then Tucker's Point is a great choice.

3  Thank MAElizabeth_S
Reviewed September 15, 2009

We recently spent a fab four nights at Tucker's Point...it was our first trip to Bermuda and after Tucker's, it won't be our last! The resort is gorgeous - brand new, just beautiful. We were given a complimentary upgrade to a large room on the Hamilton floor with a balcony overlooking the beautiful front pool and cabanas and, of course, the aqua blue ocean.
We booked through Amex and got a special package with breakfast included - a big bonus as these morning meals were about $60 for two each day. Food is fab.
We spent half our time at the beach club - a short tram ride (5 mins) from the lobby.....very convenient. The beach club is just what a private beach club should be - well-staffed and luxurious. Although they should have more waiters around the pool area. Also, another point to make is that it would be nice to have more of a Bermudian staff. There are a lot of European waiters/waitresses and it would just be nicer to have locals who could answer our questions about the island.
The Point Restaurant is beautiful. Very romantic, but good for a larger party too. Food is superb and not any more expensive than most of the other restaurants we visited -- Tom Moore's Tavern (great food, but atmosphere was similar to eating in your grandma's house - the decor is very old fashioned, although i get that that is the look they are going for)....we also tried Silk in Hamilton - very good. And a pub night at Swizzle Inn - surprisingly decent food for such a dump. But a fun place to go anyway!
From everyone we talked to Tucker's is top notch and much, much swankier than Elbow, Cambridge and Reefs....
Next time we go -hopefully next year - we are bringing our two young children....there is a kid's pool, etc! Can't wait.

Reviewed September 10, 2009

We booked Tucker's point sight unseen. At the time of our booking, reviews posted were both limited and some unfavorable. However, we went ahead and booked Tucker's Point as the place to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We had a wonderful time - one that we will never forget and always cherish. As discriminating travellers they passed our test. Their attention to detail, the decor, amenities and customer experience was supberb. We were hard pressed to find anything lacking. If there was anything that fell short of our expectations it would be the offering of on site restaurants - we found them limited and the menu selections lacked diversity for a vacation appetite. For that reason we found ourselves venturing out for dinner each evening - but we never stayed out too long! Our accommodations were superb. The bathroom was a huge mini spa itself, with a free standing soaking tub, separate shower, double vanities, private toilet room - all in one. The bed was heavenly and divine. From our private cabana poolside to the spa, golf, watersports, etc. The staff was polite and authentically personable. I felt like the same princess I was on my wedding day.. Ever thing we needed was at our beckon call. This was a true luxury vacation for us to celebrate.

1  Thank vacationista25
#3 of 3 in Southampton Parish
The Reefs
The Reefs
#2 of 3 in Southampton Parish

Been to Rosewood Bermuda? Share your experiences!