“Pink Paradise!!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hamilton Parish
Alexandria, Virginia
“Pink Paradise!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This was my first stay at a Rosewood property. The attention to detail was noted and appreciated. I traveled as a single female and was concerned that I'd be bored or made to feel awkward by staff as a solo guest. Not the case at all! I was welcomed like a family member when I checked in, and looked after like my home was the hotel. Kudos to all the staff for achieving this. Not all hotels can cater well to the solo traveler.

The resort was/is amazing! Absolute luxury! Loved the spa and it's offerings (must try the Explore Bermuda package). The beach was lovely. It's not attached to the main hotel, but that did not take away from the experience at all. A trolley runs every 30 mins between the hotel, tennis/Rosebuds and Golf club house.

My only criticism is the appearance of the tennis pro shop (which is more like a room). Though the resort is known for its golf, tennis is also in the title of the resort. The tennis facility felt like an abandoned stepchild of the golf program. The coaching was good, but the tennis offerings and pro shop need a lot of love. If it gets the much needed attention it deserves, Tuckers Point will become a world class club.

All in all, a wonderful experience. I just returned yesterday and I am looking forward to returning in late August!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Caribbeangal747

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Korean first
New York City
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The property is well kept with wonderful views. Service is exceptional.
The rooms are spacious and well done, super comfortable bed.
Beach is a bit of a walk or a shuttle ride away.
For those who like to go for a run in the morning, the golf course provides a nice scenic route.
Fitness center is also great and well kept.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ALRHA
Konstancin
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Even though the asset company is in bankruptcy the Tucker's Point is still maintaining high standards. The staff at Tucker's Point are exceptionally friendly, knowledgeable and courteous. Especially the multi-national staff in the dining room (from RO, CZ, IT, SK and elsewhere).

The rooms are large and well maintained (except that our safe broke while we were guests and a broken lamp bulb was not replaced). The various (4) pools are kept at about 78 F so are easily swimable all year round.

The beach club - accesible by hotel tram - is wonderful.

The only thing I would change is that the SPA is over priced. It had very few guests and no wonder when a massage is $275 for 80 minutes.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TravellerPoland
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Having used so much Trip Advisor reviews to select hotels and destinations I felt compelled to return it back in the form of valuable information for other users. That’s my second review. Setting the stage: this time we have my son (6 years old) and my mom travelling along with me and my wife. We enjoy nature and sports (surf, golf, ski, jogging, etc.), while we spoil ourselves with comfort and convenience. These are few hotels we’ve been before to help you understand how we’re rating this property: Ritz-Carlton in Jamaica and Miami; Four Seasons in Hawaii, Bora Bora and Austin; Westin in Mexico Citi, Los Cabos and Cancun, W Hotel in Santiago de Chile, Orient Express in San Miguel de Allende and few other small boutique hotels.

We stayed from Feb 26 to March 6. We booked 2 rooms, a Manor House Suite for my kid and mom and a Manor House Deluxe Suite, for me and my wife. Both suites are spacious, well equipped, clean and comfortable with ocean view. The Deluxe is larger with a restroom for the visits and a living room to fit we all during family time. Located at the corner of the building we had a larger terrace where we enjoyed spending the night looking to the ocean. Decoration is sort of light classic Victorian and space distribution is very practical with perfect lightning. I had sizable desk to work, a small dining table, small fridge filled with the best spirits, a very convenient ice machine and a “capsule type” coffee/tea machine. Bathrooms are spacious, being the bathtub the protagonist. With classic design, large and deep, it was perfect to rest and spend time enjoying the silence, the warm water and dimmed light.

The hotel is prepared to welcome families with kids with no restrictions we could find. The gym is well equipped and if you know who to play “Croquet” there is a court right at the garden area. There are 4 pool sets, 1 at the main building looking at the sea, another one located in the garden area in the back of the main building, looking at the golf course and the ocean bay. Being close to the restaurant, and not casted by the building shadow you can enjoy the hotel services and the sun. There is another small one at the Marina Club at sea level, right below the main building and 2 at The Beach Club about 5 minutes way driving a golf cart. The Beach Club, was closed and being serviced for the summer season, but we still got towels and beach chairs. We spend splendid shiny days at a private, lovely and beautiful beach. As a courtesy, the hotel management team, provided to us a golf cart to drive around the property, where we found beautiful places and took unforgettable pictures. While this time my wife have not played golf, one can say the golf course is very well maintained. The same applies for the Sense Spa. There was also a Tennis Club, where you can arrange classes for beginners and kids. The property is beautiful, well located and thoroughly maintained. The staff is very cordial, always available and makes you feel very welcomed.

One extremely positive remark is related to the food. We ordered food at the room, at the swimming pool, at the bar and at the main restaurant, The Point, several times. We were pleased with the exquisite food options and services delivered in all eating experiences. The management team were constantly checking on guests satisfaction and making sure all was just perfect. We were extremely satisfied with our experience and we congratulate Mr. Paul Telford and his staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank GoncalvesL
florida
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This hotel is really beautiful- our views were breathtaking. The room was very large and comfortable. The service was friendly and helpful,
We ate at 2 of the restaurants- the main" dressy" restaurant served the best Wahoo which I have ever tasted and the chef kept bringing over extra taste items that we didn't order and this was a wonderful treat.
My only complaint is that everything is super expensive, even by Bermuda standards; for example, a Tuckers Point souvenir sweatshirt was $95!. There wasn't a meal , including any breakfast, that wa sunder $80. So be prepared to spend.
Overall, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a beautiful hotel, well appointed, an out of the way high end hotel with superb food.

Room Tip: Our room was discounted and was near the hotel entrance, which was a bit noisy. A room overlooking t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank N S
NYC
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

This is the perfect hotel. I don't have one bad thing to say about it. The staff was over friendly and accommodating. The beach is breathtaking. The water color is unlike anything you will ever see. The service was exceptional and I never had a bad meal. There is plenty to do near the hotel by taking a quick taxi ride-I recommend the swizzle inn! It was luxurious and somewhere I wouldn't hesitate to revisit. It was truly paradise.

Stayed March 2014
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We have just had the most wonderful holiday at Rosewood Tucker's point hotel. The weather are not great all the time but this was made up for by the excellent staff stall levels who are so pleasant and very welcoming. Food was ok in room service however the Resturant is top quality and we'll worth a visit.
Book a 5th floor room enjoy walking around the property. We took 2 trips by taxi with Anthony around the whole of Bermuda which were really worth while. They were around 4 hours each and we cover most areas of interest. $40 per hour and worth every penny.
So go for a high room on a top floor and have a great view of lagoon . Take a meal in the Point resturant and lastly do Anthony's tour of Bermuda and you will a wonderful holiday,

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
#2 of 3 in Southampton Parish
Cambridge Beaches
Cambridge Beaches
#1 of 3 in Sandys Parish

Been to Rosewood Tucker's Point? Share your experiences!