Rosewood Bermuda
  • Pool
Dawkin's Manor(Paget Parish)
Royal Palms Hotel(Hamilton)
View Hotel
Elbow Beach, Bermuda(Paget Parish)
View Hotel
All reviewstucker's pointbeach clubpoint restaurantsul verdemanor housegolf coursetucker's barsur mervilla suiteday bedcastle harbourshuttle ridemid oceanprivate cabanabeautiful hotelbeach restaurantplay golf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Despite the searing August heat, my husband and I had an outstanding long weekend here and enjoyed it so much we are planning a trip back next April or May. The hotel is lovely, our room was spacious and the bathroom was large and well-appointed. The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful, kudos to Roger and Levon. The Beach Club is an outstanding facility, plenty of chairs, umbrellas, and service. Excellent golf course, not quite as good as neighboring Mid-Ocean, but very challenging nonetheless. The food is quite good but also very expensive. And the property is large, the hotel runs a shuttle to ferry guests to the beach club and the golf courses (will take you to Mid-Ocean as well as Tuckers Point course). Only a short cab ride to the airport as well. Given our short stay, we did not leave the property but we will do so on our next trip.

Room Tip: Warwick rooms can have access to private cabanas by the pool at that site.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This property is magnificent ! The easy access from anywhere on the east coast, the beach is top notch, the pool areas on property are fantastic , the gym is nicely equipped and the food is good quality in all the restraunts. The main issues were the unexplainable poor , or a better way to say would be lack of service throughout our 5 day stay. It seems as though this resort has a complete disconnect in the matter of training staff regarding servicing expectations . All the staff is friendly and respectful but they just don't seem to get it . That being said I believe that these issues are the fault of upper management . There is just no excuse for this lack of superior service in a resort like Tukers Point. Thankfully due to the efforts of Paul Telford to " make things gone wrong better" it gave a sense of taking responsibility for the missteps. Vacation is precious time and having to spend too much of it upset and complaining should not be a part of it.

I like too many things about Tucker's Point not to give it another try. I will hope for an even better expierience next time. Overall for the person looking for a good upscale spot put this on your list.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 5th floor with a Castle Harbor view.
2  Thank vimatravel
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I wanted to take our 1 year old daughter on a short flight and trip and decided Bermuda was a great place to try this. After researching all of the hotels on the island and getting recommendations for Tucker's Point from a co-worker and friend who lives in Hamilton, we decided to splurge. The hotel itself is very clean and well maintained. The pools are great and the bar food and breakfast are very good. We took the little tram to the resort's beach one day which also had a kids pool and adult pool. My husband played a round of golf one morning and I had a relaxing two hour massage and facial. We hired a babysitter through the hotel (Ashley) who was incredibly nice and wonderful with our daughter. This allowed us to have dinner two nights in a row at Barracuda (amazing!) and the Waterlot Inn (not nearly as good as a NYC steakhouse but has a large menu). While the hotel is definitely upscale, everyone who works there is incredibly kind and wants to make sure you are enjoying your stay. We are so glad we stayed at Tucker's Point and would recommend it to anyone visiting Bermuda!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank travelfan6789
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We spent three nights and four days at Rosewood Tucker's Point (Aug 5 - 8); it was our second trip to Bermuda.

Tucker's Point has a lot going for it, but there are some serious drawbacks of which visitors must be aware before booking, and which weren't entirely evident in TripAdvisor reviews.

The great:
Due to lack of availability, we booked the lowest category room (superior king), and yet received a very spacious room with a huge bathroom, soaking tub, seating area and balcony overlooking stunning views of the island.

The good:
Restaurant selection was quite good, and despite the cost (everything is expensive in Bermuda) my wife and I enjoyed the food at both The Point and at the Beach. We did the full meal plan for the first two days of our stay and between us were able to enjoy a wide selection from the menu and did not have a disappointing meal (albeit one late-arriving appetizer).

The public areas of the hotel are well kept, and there's a decent amount to do between the pools, croquet lawn, and library, all of which is in the main building area.

The golf course was very enjoyable and not particularly challenging, though at $230 for a round, I thought it was overpriced.

The bad:
This is a large resort, located on a steep hill, so access to the ocean is limited (an elevator takes you 10 stories down to the water sports area, which is essentially a boat ramp. We did rent a kayak, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Location is 10 minutes from airport ($15 cab ride) and 20 minutes from Hamilton ($22 cab ride).

To get to the beach you hop on a shuttle that runs every 30 minutes to what is no doubt a very lovely, white and pink sand beach about 1.5 miles away. On one of the days the beach manager refused to customer requests for umbrellas, saying it was too windy. The problem was they did not have an adequate number of cabanas, so with a heat index of 101 degrees and no shade, it only took a little time to get completely fried. Most frustrating was the fact that there was virtually no wind (I'm a sailor and it was less than 10 knots), was blowing less hard than the day before when there were umbrellas, and seemed completely arbitrary.

The horrible:
Front desk service was exceptionally friendly but extremely inconsistent. We had made arrangements in advance of our arrival, promised an email which didn't arrive. Confirmations for dinner and taxi arrived after we had departed for the evening. Meal plans were misunderstood and poorly communicated. Check-in lacked a resort map and any orientation. In general, the front office seemed to be wholly without process and procedures training.

In addition, the hotel does have a very strong institutional/corporate feel (it was a Marriott in a previous life), which may also be a function of the fact it is a residence as well, and like many resort/condo developments, it suffers something of an identity crisis as it can't quite figure out if it is a resort and a subdivision. Despite its size, it lacks any coordinated activities (tennis clinics, water aerobics, etc.) that add an element of fun to large resorts.

Tucker's Point is definitely not intimate (which my wife stressed is generally not a strong part of the English) and probably a better place for families rather than couples. Moreover, these type of mega resorts, in my view, seem more suited for islands where you may not want to venture off the property for the entire stay. Bermuda is not like that (more like St. Barts etc than DR), and hence on our return visit we will search (perhaps in vain) for a more intimate place to stay.

4  Thank Brandt S
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed there for a business meeting for 3 nights. I arrived after 3:00 pm, but my room was still not ready and I had to wait another hour to be able to check in. When I entered the room, the housekeeper was just finishing up. The next morning, when I went to take a shower, I saw a disgusting wad of hair stuck to the drain in the shower stall. As I had to rush to a meeting, I had to clean it myself in order to take a shower. I immediately reported this to the hotel. After about an hour or so, my meeting organizer came to me and offered a lame excuse that the housekeeper was pregnant and was feeling sick and had to leave in a hurry. I told her that I had actually seen the housekeeper as I entered the room. There was no response from her. I never received an apology from the hotel manager or the housekeeping manager. Their room service was just as bad. I had to ring several times for someone to even answer the phone. For the prices they charge, the experience was horrible. In addition, organizing a meeting there was like pulling teeth, before and during the meeting. I would never go back to the hotel for leisure or business.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank CGanesan
Duncan_Graham_RTP, General Manager at Rosewood Bermuda, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. I understand you have already been in touch directly with our Director of Rooms, Paul Telford, and we again apologize for your experience. We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon in order to exceed your expectations. Please let me know if I may personally assist in any way.