“Just came back”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hamilton Parish
Long Island NY
“Just came back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had a lovely stay at Tucker's point. The room was gorgeous. The food was amazing. This was our first stay at Tucker's point and we would definitely come back.

You have to try the hamburger! it was the best hamburger we ever ate! the calamari was so light and crispy!

Make sure you go to the point restaurant as well as the bar. Kyle the restaurant manager was so nice. Dominika, Henry, Joab, Micah and Dragos thank you for always treating us like friends and not customers. We are still talking about David playing the piano. It was a real treat for him.

We had a great experience here. We WiLL be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TheRomeos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stay at the Rosewood Tucker's Point a few weeks back and regret trusting the property to be safe. I left a silver bracelet out while out of the room and it was missing later in the day. The front desk called security to inform them and from there on it was as if it really didn't matter. They didn't even asked me what it looked like. The property is beautiful but I'm certainly I would not stay there again given the lack of concern for an item missing from a guest room. I hope someone is enjoying my bracelet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JamesNAtl
Duncan_Graham_RTP, General Manager at Rosewood Tucker's Point, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I believe your issue has been resolved by our management team, so I'm thrilled to hear that. If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Tucker’s Point for 11 nights at in August/ September 2012. Bermuda is a beautiful island, the people very friendly and the food okay. Tucker’s Point is supposed to be the best hotel on the island, and from what we could pick up the standard of hotels is not as good as the Caribbean or Indian Ocean.

The hotel was clearly built and specified to a very high standard (I think in 2009), unfortunately it has been allowed to drift since then with what looks like limited maintenance and a service culture and food which does not match up to expectations for a US$1,000 per night five star hotel. We understand that Rosewood have fairly recently taken over the management of the hotel.

The tone of this review is based on the expectation that the hotel should have been exceptional for the price.

The room was well planned and had a great view over the water. However:

1. There were maintenance issues when we arrived and although these were resolved after asking twice, they should not have happened in the first place.

2. The room looked as though workmen had been in and not had time to finish various jobs: there was filler in the wall, but not painted, holes in the wall where pictures had been hung and not filled and even writing on the ceiling detailing an access panel waiting to be cut.

3. The terrace furniture was rusty.

4. The bathroom products were no better than a Hilton hotel, nothing special. We understand they used to offer products from a local Bermuda perfumery; this had stopped, not sure if this was a Rosewood change. We ended up using our own Molton Brown products.

5. The position of the towel rails was inconvenient; you had to lean over the bath every time you wanted to get a towel.

6. We did not get turn-down every day.

7. We asked four times for tea making facilities in our room. A kettle arrived, but no cups tea bags or milk, despite repeatedly asking.

8. The furniture was chipped in places.

9. There were no slippers…not sure if they even supply them, or if they were missing.

10. There were no personal touches. Yes we got a small plate of biscuits when we arrived, but other Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, Perninsula hotels we have stayed in are always surprising you when you go back to your room.

Hotel generally:
The hotel is in a very nice setting, has been specified to a high standard and has a nice pool, beach, spa and main building. You should be aware that it sits within the same complex as a number of residences, has roads through it and cars moving around.

There was evidence of lack of upkeep, with algae growing up walls, bedroom doors with paint chipping off and rubbish and room service plates lying around.

There was construction taking place on a house within view and audible in our room, the hotel did not disclose that construction was taking place on site. The external air conditioning units were noisy and audible from our terrace.

I was hoping for an exciting and varied menu through the three main restaurants. The Point restaurant is sophisticated dining, the terrace restaurant and bar had an uninteresting menu and
Breakfast generally reminded us of a Faulty Towers dining room. The selection was limited and not very exciting, one day we did not get a lid on our tea pot and had to ask 4 times for one….we got a plate! Admittedly they did not charge us for the tea. This was not a smooth operation.
The menus were generally unimaginative, and after a few days all we wanted to do was get out and eat at restaurants on the island, rather than the hotel. There is a major food and beverage issue at the hotel. Some of the staff were very nice, but generally the service was appalling and the quality of the food poor and for the quality expensive.

We had great service before we arrived with an email from the hotel officering to assist with activity and restaurant reservations. Unfortunately it went downhill from here. I must caveat that there were some very nice people, but generally there were no smiles and a lack of can-do. The door staff were very friendly and we always enjoyed coming and going, so were the pool staff however…..

In summary, if this hotel was half the price, some of the shortcomings might be acceptable. I have never stayed at a Rosewood Hotel before, if this is a typical example then I will be going back to the Four Seasons. If this is not and they are in the process of repositioning it we should have been made aware of this.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
12 Thank LondonTraveller500
We sincerely appreciate the feedback regarding your stay at our resort last year. Please rest assured that since that time, we have addressed many of the concerns you brought up. I would be happy to discuss this matter with you further if you wish and can be reached by calling the resort at 441-298-4010. Many thanks and I look forward to hopefully hearing from you soon.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I decided to treat my parents, Paul Sr. and Grace, to a winter vacation for Valentine's Day week. I had been in Bermuda once, but this was their first time and I wanted it to be special. Rosewood Tucker's Point is a resort where you can get away and relax in oceanside opulence. As far as the property, it features gorgeous rooms with the bathroom of your dreams - two sinks, a walk-in shower, a separate room (within the bathroom) for the toilet area, and a large, centerized, old fashioned meets modern-day bathtub with silver-brushed hardware that beckons you upon walking through the double doors of the bathroom. The rooms also offer a "dressing room" and balcony with views of Castle Harbour that are a sight for sore eyes.
Off the main entrance lobby, there is an elegantly rustic, cleverly hidden library that houses two gas fireplaces, and a beautiful fountain visible through french-style, windowpaned doors. My folks and I had a late-night, after-dinner tea in there each night. The two restaurants within the resort grounds that are open during winter are "The Point" and "Sul Verde", and neither is to be missed. "Sul Verde" is within the golf course clubhouse (hence, verde - or "green"), and features an Italian menu to die for "al dente" style! The centerpiece of Sul Verde is their appetizer buffet - everything from black and green olives to grilled zucchini and asparagus tips, along with prosciutto, salami, cheeses, breads, salads and seemingly anything your Sinatra-loving heart desires. The main courses feature a gnocchi with tomato sauce and basil and a seafood risotto that were the best we have ever tasted. A great chef, and a superb maitre'd (Kyle) who makes his way around to each table to ensure your enjoyment during dinner - and just to meet everyone as well, of course. Now to get to the point - literally.
"The Point" restaurant is Rosewood Tucker's Point's "Piece de Resistance". Paul is the maitre'd who is a fine gentleman who greets you with an English smile and demeanor that is something out of old Londontown (Kyle is also the maitre'd for The Point at times, and he and Paul add distinctive class to both). Whether it is breakfast or dinner at "The Point", you will be waited on by a group that hails from Eastern Europe - and they (trust me) know how to run the show. Friendly, courteous, and always smiling. That group includes Henry, Ovidiue ( I hope I spelled that right!), Sebastion, one other stellar waiter whose name is painfully escaping me right now, and Dominika - a lady of ladies with a smile and disposition that could cure cancer (she and my mother became wonderful friends in a week's time). The menu and service at The Point could run neck and neck with Delmonico's in New York City (New York's oldest restaurant, in fact). The highlight for us was the setting for dinner on Valentine's night. After Paul welcomed you in, the dining room was adorned with long white candles lit on each table and a pianist that played gently as you dined and enjoyed your wine or mixed drink. And each woman was handed a long-stem rose after dinner. More for my parents than for me, it made me feel such love to see them enjoy a Valentine's dinner in an atmosphere of Bermudian opulence. And the credit all goes to the manager and his staff, who will do what it takes to make your stay the best you've had.
Mr. Duncan Graham is the resort's General Manager, and he is approachable and very friendly - even if he is British - (just kidding Duncan!). This man works to make it work, and he succeeds. Lastly, the women up front in the lobby at all the desks are, in a word, wonderful. That goes for the maids as well, who even left heart-shaped cookies on your pillow on the night of February 14th!
All in all, this is one red rose set in juxtaposition to a turquoise sea that you must see in your life. It's juniper and cedar, golfing greens, tennis and beach. A passionate red rose that you finally reach. And fortunately, during our stay at this stunning place, the DA14 asteroid flew right by in space!
Valentine love and my best wishes to all who made this vacation a very special one!

Dr. Paul A. Racioppi, Jr.
Brooklyn, New York
Sunday, February 17, 2013.

Room Tip: Choose the Deluxe Superior room in the Manor house with a great view of Castle Harbour.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank paulferraris
Dear Dr. Racioppi, how kind of you! I am thrilled that you and your parents had such a fantastic stay over Valentine's. It was a pleasure meeting you and we are so appreciative that you took the time to write such a glowing review. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to this beautiful island very soon. Please do let me personally know if I can assist with anything. Cheers!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Typically I make my hotel decisions after reading all Trip Advisor reviews. If all are favorable despite a few token "cry babies" ....("I wasn't greeted at reception....my pedicure at the spa was awful..... they would not refund my bill after the cab was late..."blah blah), the hotel becomes a serious contender.

Tucker's Point had a mix of so many differing opinions....which normally tells me to move on... however the great reviews & the gorgeous pictures convinced me to book anyway.

Let me tell you this place is amazing! Beautiful room with gorgeous furniture, giant bathroom, huge balcony with a fantastic view! All I can say is WOW. The staff is so friendly & gracious. Everyone from Kerrie who helped me prior to my arrival to the lovely man (sorry forget name) who gave me a personal tour around the property in his golf cart.

The spa was amazing (Carla - best massage EVER). The restaurant & bar were gorgeous, comfortable, great views, fabulous food & attentive friendly staff.

Yes, you have to cab it to St George or Hamilton - which is no big deal, as there are cabs waiting at the hotel all day. Trips to town were lovely but honestly I couldn't wait to get back to the tranquil beauty & luxury of Tucker's Point! The Hotels in town have nothing on this place.

If you are looking for an inexpensive stay close to town this is not your place. If you are looking for luxury (not cheap), pampering, relaxation & comfort - book this place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Kate O
Duncan_Graham_RTP, General Manager at Rosewood Tucker's Point, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of the resort! We are thrilled you had a great stay -at Rosewood Tucker's Point -- and we'll be sure to pass along your kind words to the staff you mentioned by name. Thank you again.
Oak Hill, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was our first trip to Bermuda and we are not sure that we will go again. Going in January has its pros and cons. It was nice to not have to deal with crowds but some of the restaurants we wanted to try we're not open. The Rosewood was very nice from a facility standpoint, but overall the service was a disappointment. The staff was nice enough but the attention to the details was lacking. We stayed in a deluxe room on the fourth floor which had a nice balcony and a nice view. The room itself was very nice although it did not feature a coffee maker which was a bit of a drawback. Upon our arrival we asked for ice and it took two requests to receive the bucket. We have stayed at other four star resorts and the staff at those places took our request to mean that we would like ice each day. Not at Rosewood. We had to ask each and every day and we also had to ask that the glasses be replaced as well as tissues and towels. None of this was devastating and really did not affect our trip as the requests were generally met quickly, it is that we had to make the requests that was a bit disappointing given we were staying at a four star resort. As I said before the resort itself is very nice and has many features beyond the typical spa, fitness center, golf and pools. We played croquet and took nice leisurely walks around the grounds, to the beach and through the woods. All in all I would recommend Rosewood Tucker's Point but we went in the off season when they were running a special rate and if the service is not any better when the rates go up in season I am not sure that it would be worth it.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better as your view will not be obstructed by the villas. The numbering sys...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Randy J
Duncan_Graham_RTP, General Manager at Rosewood Tucker's Point, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at Rosewood Tucker's Point. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again soon. If I may be of any assistance, either now or in future, please let me know.
Bermuda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

To celebrate my husbands 40th birthday I surprised him and booked us a room at Rosewood Tucker's Point for the night. We are both so happy that I did as we had a wonderful time. They made us feel very welcome and special with everything from an upgrade to a suite, champagne and cake and personal messages to wish him a happy birthday to staff saying Happy Birthday when they bumped into us at the hotel. The breakfast room service was very nice and the suite was fantastic! Planning to go next year, but this time for longer than just one night!

Room Tip: The Warwick Suites on the 1st floor are very nice and you can walk straight out to the pool from you...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marilyn Z
Thank you for the kind words and we are so glad you celebrated such a special occasion with us! We hope to see you back again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton Parish
Cambridge Beaches
Cambridge Beaches
#1 of 3 in Sandys Parish
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,041 reviews

Been to Rosewood Tucker's Point? Share your experiences!