“A Pleasant Surprise in Flatts Village”

Rustico Restaurant & Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I decided to try this restaurant after having gone past it many, many times on our way in and out of town. We went without great expectations, and found we were pleasantly surprised. Our waiter was very nice and was attentive without at all rushing us. He gave us plenty of time to mull over the menu and to enjoy our antipasto and drinks, but did not forget about us.

There were several interesting selections on the menu, but since we hadn't been here before, we decided to try a couple of the pasta dishes rather than the more expensive meat or fish entrees (which also looked good on the plates that passed by on the way to other tables). I had the spaghetti with seafood and my husband had the squid-ink pasta with scampi. Both were quite tasty, and we enjoyed dipping the delicious bread in the sauces. We shared an appetizer, each had a drink, and our entrees, and got out for under $100, which is a relative bargain in Bermuda.

Is it on a par with a good Italian restaurant in New York? Probably not. But, it was good food, a comfortable setting and very good service at a reasonable-by-Bermuda-standards price. In short, it's what my husband terms "Bermuda Great!" We will definitely return.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I love this restaurants, wonderful food and staff - actually one of my most favourite restaurants in Bermuda

Reviewed September 11, 2012

While visiting with my son and his family in Bermuda, we went to Rustico with the whole family, including a 3-year old and a 1-year old. The 3-year old had had a long day and was acting up. However, the staff handled the situation with great discretion, bringing her meal almost immediately and well before the rest of us had ordered. Most had pasta of some kind, one had an excellent fish meal, and I ordered the tenderloin skewers. I don't expect great steak at an Italian restaurand, but I was pleasantly surprised. It turned out to be a great dining experience. The special treat for me was when I asked for the bill and, jokingly, an ashtray as I was the only smoker in the group. To my surprise, they guided me to an outdoor table, provided me with an ashtray, and I finished my wine with a cigarette. Talk about great service!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Have been there twice for dinner and once for lunch. Not impressed but can't really put my finger on it. Expensive for what it is. Parking a real problem.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I visited this Rustico's several times during our stay in Bermuda. The food and service was excellent. Great Wine too! Make sure you make a reservation