“Wedding Weekend”

Orchard Croft Boutique Country Retreat
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Excellent stay and wonderful after-wedding brunch overlooking the peach orchard. Ildiko is a terrific cook and a great hostess. Overnight guests enjoyed their stay and brunch guests commented positively on the delicious meal and wonderful venue.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DHCJM
There are newer reviews for Orchard Croft Boutique Country Retreat

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I came here last year with my wife because our friends were getting married at a nearby vineyard. We loved it so much that we came back in 2013 with our parents and rented the whole house for an evening. Rooms are lovely, Ildiko was a great host and breakfast was delicious. Fresh musli, omelette, home made cakes, and squeezed orange juice.

It's about 20 minutes from Niagara Falls or Niagara on the lake, and I appreciate the isolation. You get more of the feeling that you're actually "away from it all".The backyard is gorgeous with the peach orchard in the background. My father in law fell asleep on a lawn chair because of how tranquil it was. Few B&B's in the Niagara area have such a nice scene for a backyard.

Overall, an easy 5/5 from the whole family.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I chose this B&B for a family stay during my son's wedding. Seven of us stayed there, including my parents. I cannot say enough good things about our experience. We chose to order a 'light' dinner for 5 of us on the Friday night, the day we arrived. We had a wonderful meal outside on the patio overlooking peach trees as far as we could see. Ildiko is the owner and she is an amazing hostess. She, her husband Miklos, her mother, and Fanny, the family dog, made us all feel at home and very welcome. Ildiko is a marvelous cook and the food we had was excellent and lots of it! The rooms were clean and comfortable, the surroundings with the peach orchards and cherry trees are beautiful. Ildiko is knowledgable about the area and recommended wineries to visit in the area. We did so and had a wonderful few hours touring wineries that are close by. This area is very beautiful.

As weddings go, the day of the wedding was a little hectic. There were family members and friends coming and going during the day. Ildiko handled this will aplomb. She was gracious and accommodating and allowed me to relax throughout the day and made a difference on this special day. She was amazing. I have recommended this establishment to many of my friends and family. I would certainly choose to go there again.

Room Tip: Our family stayed in the Merlot, Reisling, Blue room and overnighter. All were clean and comfortabl...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My partner and I stayed here during the Canada Day weekend and had a great time. The Champagne suite was very nice - I booked it because of the soaker tub, and it certainly did not disappoint.

The hosts, Ildiko and Miklos, are very welcoming and ensured that our needs were met. On the 2nd night of our stay, we had an impromptu kitchen party with another couple - so the 6 of us drank wine and ate cherries and cheese, and talked and laughed for hours, managing to solve some of the world's problems. It was the most fun I've ever had at a B&B!

The breakfast: AMAZING. Ildiko loves to cook and prepare meals and she really shines in this aspect of her business. Fresh ingredients, only! The coffee is good and strong, too!

The house is central to the best wineries in Niagara (Twenty Valley), Upper Canada Cheese Co., and the Bruce Trail. Ball's Falls is just a 5 minute drive away. We were very busy, indeed.

The grounds are simply lovely, with Ildiko nurturing her flower beds and vegetable garden into beautiful canvases of art.

Overall, a wonderful experience.

The ONLY con: the train blowing its horn at 8:30 a.m.

We have already begun recommending the Orchard Croft to our friends :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My new husband and I eloped here this past weekend and it was wonderful! Ildiko and everyone at the Orchard Croft welcomed us and did everything to make this event incredibly special for us. We had a beautiful room and perfect wedding set-up in the yard by the orchard, fantastic food and champagne (Ildiko even baked us a delicious wedding cake!), photography provided by Miklos, who took us to the most beautiful spots, and hair and make-up by Aniko as well as creative coordination. This was all truly memorable, right down to the bouquet and boutineer Illdiko made for us! Thank you Ildiko and everyone at the Orchard Croft for everything! We will be back to celebrate our anniversary!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Champagne room upstairs and it was absolutely perfect, but the whole B&B is lov...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a week=end. We were treated like kings and queens. The place was very beautiful and the area was rewarding. The lady Ildiko , who runs the place is one of the nicest ladies We have ever met. the food was absolutely fantastic. We did not want to leave we were treated as I said earlier, like gold.
Please note we highly recommend this resort as a get away.
you will not regret your stay here.
We will go back again indeed.
Thank you Ildiko , for all your kindness and fantastic meals. The beauty of being there was like nothing we have experienced before.

Paul Oakley

p.s. We highly recommend you go there for a stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are designed with a very special touch you will enjoy your stay in any room she has availa...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This past weekend ( Feb 11th 2013) my boyfriend and I celebrated our anniversary at the Orchard Croft B&B. We had such a great time that we did not want to leave. Ildiko and her family were so welcoming and really made us feel at home. The B&B is beautiful and has a warm and cozy feeling that makes you feel very welcome. From the moment we walked into the B&B we were happy with our choice to stay for the weekend. Ildiko and her family were a pleasure to be around; we even spent an hour having tea chatting about life in Hungary (where she is originally from).

The B&B was very clean, organized and extremely well managed. The view from the B&B looking out onto the orchard is beautiful and surrounded by great running and snowshoeing routes.

In the morning we had an amazing breakfast (with the best oatmeal I have ever had, and I usually don’t like oatmeal). Ildiko also cooked us a traditional Hungarian Breakfast which was out of this world delicious and a must try! After breakfast we went for an hour long snowshoe in the Peach Orchard which was beautiful and once of the highlights of the trip. Two nights before we had a big snowfall (20-30 cms) which made the snowshoe even better…. I can’t wait to go back with my running shoes (surrounding the B&B are some beautiful running areas).

Fanny (Ildiko’s dog) was also a pleasure to be around. She is soo well behaved, very quiet and super gentle. My boyfriend and I are dog people so having Fanny around make the trip that little bit more special. Even if you are not a dog person you will love Fanny, she really is a great dog.

Overall this was an incredible experience and we are already planning our next trip back (which will be in the summer this time!) I highly recommend this B&B to everyone. Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: All Rooms are great! The environment is so peaceful and makes you feel right at home. I loved being...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank april R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jordan Station
Capri Inn
Capri Inn
#1 of 7 in St. Catharines
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Jordan House Hotel
Jordan House Hotel
#2 of 3 in Jordan
Best Western St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre
Inn On The Twenty
Inn On The Twenty
#1 of 3 in Jordan

Been to Orchard Croft Boutique Country Retreat? Share your experiences!