“Didn't know there would be so many children!”
Review of Baton Rouge

Baton Rouge
Ranked #20 of 233 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Right by downtown Toronto, there is no better choice when escaping the busy city, for a filling lunch or dinner, than at Bâton Rouge Steakhouse Bar in Vaughan.
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have nothing against children, it just seemed like a pricy place where you would expect to find some good friends or couples having an (someone quiet) evening out. Rather, it felt more like a family ho-down restaurant with so many kids running around! Also, the place is wide open with no sound barriers so it is very very noisy! Sounded like a busy mall food court!

Service: fine. Responsive and available. Nothing over the top.

Food: had the steak. Completely bland and tasteless. Smothering it in steak sauce at least gave a flavour but not the taste sensation I was hoping for. The cheese dip we had for an app was good - should have stopped there.

Was there for a friends' birthday as neither of us had been to any Baton Rouge before, and for me - I will not return to this one or any other.

I suggest finding an alternative - many great places with better ambiance and prices!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Great value, great food, great staff. Ribs are awesome. Shrimp cocktail is great as well. Still not 50 characters? Pretty demanding for a free review...

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Food was great! Nice variety and good atmosphere. Service was a bit slow! Waiters and waitresses were good. Enjoyed lunch!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have been dining at Baton Rouge on Weston Road and Highway 7 for years. This restaurant is one of my favourites. The food is fantastic, including the ribs (cooked to perfection), and the service is fantastic. Visit Baton Rouge in Woodbridge, ON if you are ever in the area.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

We used to eat here all the time as they have a great atmosphere (comfy seating and quiet environment, great for catching up with family) and their food is generally pretty good. The last few visits my husband and I made we noticed their standards were slipping...hair under my chicken sandwich (stuck on the plate), salads bowls smelled like dirty dish rags, and cutlery pretty dirty (and we're not germaphobes or anything....it was pretty nasty). Their menu has great options, we just weren't impressed overall with the service and cleanliness. I would still go back, but it's not my first choice given all the options there are in Woodbridge.