“Pretty good”

Tremonti Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Tremonti Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 233 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Weston Rd.
Transit: Steele and Weston Rd.
Description: A cornerstone of the Woodbridge community since 1986, Tremonti Restaurant offers exceptional Italian Cuisine and fine dining. Experience our full and varied menu, both for both classic and contemporary food and drink offerings. SUNDAY'S OPEN FOR PRIVATE FUNCTION ONLY
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Invited for dinner a couple weeks back. The décor seems outdated to me. Service was friendly and not bothersome. My pasta was a tad over cooked and salty. It was a quite night and felt odd siting in an empty dining room with just our group. Might return again.

1  Thank Monica b

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I love the way they laid out their menu. You can tell their pasta was homemade. Their seafood dishes simply delicious. The service was great, no macho attitude that you find from most restaurants in the area. Their lamb and salmon was greatly presented with color and height. They were voted Eat Smart Award, which you can tell by the ingredients they mix with their dishes. The atmosphere was really nice, felt comfortable for the two hours spent there. Pretty good wine list which matches most of the items on the menu. They also have a private stock menu for wine which you have to look at. Their carpaccio outstanding. And with their pastas really nailed it right without over using tomato sauce. When in this area, you must go there. You will not be disappointed. There are so many great restaurants in Toronto outside the city. Terra, Sarpa, The Octagon and The Doctor House in Kleinberg. Really great restaurant. They put Italian food to a different level.

1  Thank John S
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband wanted to go to an Italian restaurant for his birthday dinner celebration with the family and he didn’t want to drive downtown. So I did what I find myself doing more and more these days – I consulted TripAdvisor! Based on the favourable reviews we decided to give Ristorante Tremonti in Woodbridge a try.

It was a Tuesday night and the restaurant was virtually empty except for a sole diner. Truth be told if it wasn’t for the TripAdvisor recommendations we would have been scared away and left! Thank goodness we didn’t because the food and hospitality were wonderful!

For starters some members of our group of six ordered salads and some ordered pasta. All dishes were well presented and extremely tasty. My daughter-in-law said her Caprese Di Bufala (water buffalo milk mozzarella and organic tomato with extra virgin olive oil and fresh basil) was one of the best she’s had anywhere, and she’s ordered this salad (her fav) in restaurants all over Italy.

For mains we ordered the Osso Buco, the Petto Di Pollo Agresto (chicken breast with honey and mustard sauce), the Linguine alla Pescatore (linguine sautéed with shrimps, squid, clams, and scallops in a white wine sauce), the Pappardelle al Cinghiale (flat noodles with wild boar ragu and truffle oil), and the Veal Chop (10 oz. grilled chop, topped with oyster mushrooms in a brandy sauce). My mouth is watering just writing this!

We ordered a couple of bottles of a good value Barolo Bottasiolo from the extensive wine selection and it went beautifully with the osso buco and the veal chop.

To top off a delicious meal, the service was warm and friendly. The staff made us truly feel welcome and at home. When they learned that we were celebrating my husband’s birthday, they brought out a complementary tray of Italian biscuits to accompany the delicious cappuccinos. They even presented my husband with a “gift” – a laser pen – which was very unexpected and thoughtful.

We look forward to dining at Tremonti once again in the weeks ahead.

2  Thank Helen T
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a group of 30 friends and family celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and everyone enjoyed the fantastic food, service and atmosphere. Thank you Tremonti for a wonderful experience.

1  Thank CarolP1234
Reviewed April 28, 2013

A little on the pricey side (dinner for 4 with appies and wine...$300) but really good food and service. A nice quiet place to get together with friends a long delightful dinner, without feeling rushed.