“Pizza and more !”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had the good fortune to discover this little place about a year ago. Since then, everytime we head south we need to have our Ricci's "fix". Has to be the best pizza we've ever had and the veal with vegetables are amazing ! We'll go out of our way to visit and always come home with several meals from Ricci's. It's become our "must go to place" .... it's that good !

There are newer reviews for Ricci's Pizza & Sandwich Shoppe

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The food here is amazing... the gnocchi with rose sauce is to die for! The only improvement, would be to have some better prices - so what high otherwise great place

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Ricci's is a little out of the way for me but when I get cravings for something particular, especially when it's fried, nothing can get in my way. The whole way there, the words "fried" and "panzerotto" were stuck in my head, and I noticed myself driving a little faster than usual.

We ordered and shared the medium veal sandwich ($6.75), fried panzo with bacon and mushrooms with a side of meat sauce ($10), along with a couple of Italian sodas. I don't like to load toppings on my veal sammies because it makes an already messy sandwich even sloppier so we kept things simple. It was a little on the salty side and because it was made up of layered (thin) slices of breaded veal, a little greasy. I've had better veal elsewhere but it wasn't so bad, just not getting it again. The fried panzo was perfectly crispy at the edges, soft the way freshly made bread should be on the inside, and not at all greasy. It wasn't exactly bursting with fillings but at least they used real mushrooms and not the canned variety. We were pretty stuffed for some time after though!

The place is very casual, lots of families from the area, and service is brisk: line up, order, pay, give your name, then sit and wait. When your food is ready, they call out your name and bring it to your table, and since we were sitting close to the kitchen, we saw all kinds of dishes pass before our eyes and I have to say that they ALL looked amazing! Pizze, pasta, salads paraded by us and I couldn't help but wonder what they all tasted like~ Servings were pretty big!

Prices are decent. There were a number of families eating there who ordered these mega-pizze which looked REALLY good. Seeing as their panzos were delicious, I'm sure the pizze must be pretty damn good too. I guess I'll have to head back to Ricci's some day and find out for myself.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have been a somewhat regular patron of Ricci's for about ten years, I have been been 10+ times and never had a problem with their service. Not that they bend over backwards or anything, but they are courteous and quick. I enjoy their veal sandwich, it is not a California Sandwich (but what is!). A healthy sized sandwich with a nice tangy tomato sauce with medium peppers that bite! It's quite nice. The pizza, pasta and calzone are always solid as well. Reasonable prices for the portion size, Ricci's always ensures that you don't mind stopping by when you are in the neighbourhood. There could be a better waste disposal situation, only one garbage for customers with stuff (chilli flakes, cutlery, olive oil, etc) all on top of this garbage. This leaves you no place to put your tray an it's also awkward because the garbage is so close to where people are waiting their order, you have to inevitably get around someone to clear your tray. I'd give Ricci's a shot anytime in the area, it is solid food with good service!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

They have one of the best pizza's out there. I do like another place better (which I wont mention) but I have no problem eating here...so good.