“You don't have to travel to Italy to enjoy a fantastic meal..”

Basilico Ristorante
Ranked #117 of 233 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

True Italian food and wine at Basilico Ristorante
Service was fine and the portion size is good . I had the duck breast and it was delicious....
The atmosphere could be a bit more Italian with music or art ...
Definately go again.....

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We tried this restaurant for the second time after a few years for an anniversary dinner. The restaurant was noisy, and more of a family place. There were children running around. Nothing against them, but if I go out for a nice dinner, I expect families to keep their kids in check. I had pappardella alla boscaiola, which I found average - a bit on the bland side for my taste. It was a disappointment as it was the most expensive pasta on the menu! My husband had the mushroom risotto, which he said was good, but he didn't rave about it. We both had the arugola and radicchio salads, which were good, and large enough for two to share. The service was good. I guess we expected more. We are both Italian, so when we go for Italian food, we expect at the very least that it's as good as home cooking. I don't think we would go back. Too many good Italian restaurants in the GTA!

1  Thank luv2travel015
Reviewed August 10, 2012

It took a long time to be served and the restaurant wasn't even full! We were a party of twelve and I understand it taking a little longer, but it took ridiculously long. The waiter dropped a drink on someone at our table. We ordered refill drinks for the kids and he forgot to come back. When we asked him again, he came back with a glass that had someone's lipstick on it! (Eewwww!) When we finally got our bill there were no apologies, no bill adjustments for the "issues" AND he added the full 15% tip on the bill! It was not worth the money paid. I can get better food and service elsewhere!

2  Thank Lindsay48947
Reviewed March 4, 2012

The meals arrived hot and fresh from the kitchen with a presentation that was impressive and appetizing. The portions were of a very good size. I particularly enjoyed the fried calamari appetizer. I also savoured the amazing flavour of the risotto with shrimp and scallops in a white wine sauce. I love seafood, but there is a good variety of all pastas, risottos, meats, fish and pizza. The bread was accompanied by a tasty black olive tapenade. Paired with my meal was an fine shiraz.

The service was friendly and helpful. We did not at all feel rushed.

The atmosphere, decor and music added to a truly lovely authentic Italian experience.