“We found a new spot that we'll frequent”
Review of Max's Restaurant

Max's Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 93 Restaurants in Concord
Neighborhood: North York
Neighborhood: North York
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We tried the fried chicken at this recommended restaurant one recent Friday night. It was filled with families. The prices are very reasonable, and I really like the variety of sides to go with the chicken. I tried the quarter fried chicken combo with fried lumpiang ubod and brown rice. The chicken does have a unique crispy taste. The vingear dip was too vinegary, so I asked for the peanut sauce, which was much better, and good on the very plain bland brown rice. My husband's garlic rice was very tasty, so I put some garlic on my brown rice to add some much needed flavour to it. If you're really hungry, order the combo with pancit bihon, it's a big serving. Unfortunately they didn't have any caramel bars, so they gave us vanilla ice cream, which my husband liked. We will return for their chicken and also try other things.

3  Thank Karabana

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The last time we attempted to dine here we had to leave when we were asked to wait for an hour. Don't ever attempt to dine here on weekends if you are not willing to wait.

This restaurant is usually fully booked every Fridays,Saturdays and Sundays so dining here during a weekday is the best way to find a table.

Those who want to have a taste of Pilipino Food usually come here to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries or friends and family get togethers.

We ordered our favorites, the Max's Fried Chicken, Beans with Tofu, Sisig(Fried Pig Ears) and Fried Calamares.

For dessert, we ordered Halo Halo (mixed sweets w/ ice shavings & cream), Buko with Pandan (Coconut with Pandan flavor), Ube Ice cream and Leche Flan(Milk Custard).

Our orders were served fast. We found the fried chicken(which is the house specialty) soft and tender but my kids found them "nothing special". Its nice dining here from time to time since it reminds us of our food back home.

3  Thank betty l
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We took my aunt there recently for a birthday dinner. Get there early as the place gets full fast. The service was pleasent and also attentive to any dietary restrictions we may have. This is really important to us as there were two: a shellfish allergy and a dairy allergy.
We had the chicken, palabok, lumpia appetizer, crab and vegetable rice and the fresh vegetable lumpia. Tasty, all of it! For dessert, of course we had halo halo and this does not disappoint. Altogether, 4 adults with dessert and drinks came to just over $90-not bad and we walked out feeling satisfied. We will be back again! HINT: Get there earlier in the evening for dinner (approx. 5:30) and this place can get loud.

1  Thank RSGomez
Reviewed May 4, 2012

My family ate at Max’s when we were in Manila and enjoyed so when we saw that they opened a Max's restaurant here in Toronto we had to go and we were not disappointed. We now eat here often the restaurant is nicely decorated and we always find the service great and the food delicious (masarap). I highly recommend Max's Restaurant!

9  Thank GrantFamilyToronto
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We were visiting Toronto and heard they now have Max's. We decided to drive to Max's for some original Max's fried chicken and crispy pata. Both were very good especially with the garlic rice. We're a family with 2 kids and we finished everything (to the bone)! My kid also enjoyed the buko pandan.

2  Thank uspinoy