“Room they call a suite was very small”

Super 8 Toronto North
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Concord
St. Catharines, Canada
“Room they call a suite was very small”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Dont get room 203! It is right above the front doors and you can hear the automatic door opener all night long as people come and go. When I booked the king room they said they called it a "suite", that made me think it was going to be bigger, it was however just average size room. It is set up like two rooms with a door between the master room and the front room which had a pullout couch - bed. For the price paid it was fair and I would go back now knowing what size a suite is.

Room Tip: Dont get a second floor room over the front doors!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Abdul A, General Manager at Super 8 Toronto North, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you! We appreciate your comments. The hotel's king suite is the standard room size, but we will be renovating the hotel soon and we hope to use the space more accordingly to better accommodate our guests so they don't feel that their room is small.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Kingston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for my fiancé's surgery. The sheets were dirty. Minimal cleaning was done. The doorknob in the bathroom was greasy. Ice machine on the first floor is broken. No recycling. Barely anyone staying here yet there is no hot or warm water. I won't stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Karrell D, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Toronto North, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. I am very sorry to hear about any Troubles with your stay. I don't know how your room could have been dirty. All towels, sheets, shower curtains etc.are cleaned / changed.

I feel very sorry to see how hard housekeeping staff works. They are loving, kind and great hard workers. My manager told Maintenace about Ice Machine on first floor and its being fixed. We have another Ice Machine on the 3rd floor and its working.

When you throw out your recycling in garbage housekeeping staff sorts it out before cleaning all the rooms. We have a program in place.

Thank you very much and if anytime you would like to stay please ask for me Karrell.
Thanks.

Miss Karrell
Guest Relations Coordinator
Super 8 Vaughan

Travelers are raving about these Concord hotels

Niagara Falls, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

On the bright side: location and staff are great. It's close to all sorts of amenities - absolutely everything is nearby, BUT: don't expect great cleanliness. When you check in the corners, take a wet wipe and run it over a few surfaces in each room, then look at what the wet wipe picked up, you'll wonder what may have crept up where on or in your body after a stay. I used to come there weekly. I know just about every room. After I complained and sent some pictures to Abdul, the manager, he assigned a certain room to me, which he kept cleaner. The problem was that I didn't always have enough advance notice. So if I came with little notice and someone else was in "my" room, then I'd get a normal one, which was less appetising. The straw that broke the camel's back was that in one of those cases I asked ahead of time if he could clean the other one that was my substitute room. I never got an answer. Then I went into that room and it was as dirty as the rest of them - despite advance notice. After that, I never returned. At this point I'd rather go whalegutting in Antarctica than to stay another night in that place.

• Stayed December 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
North York
BEST WESTERN PLUS Toronto North York Hotel & Suites
North York
Holiday Inn Express Toronto - North York
Aloft Vaughan Mills
#2 of 14 in Vaughan

Been to Super 8 Toronto North? Share your experiences!