“Smoking hot Cast Iron Chicken”
Review of Bombay Joes

Bombay Joes
Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Ladner
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This wonderful family run restaurant produces some excellent food. We had the Cast Iron Chicken which is not for the faint of heart, if you order take-away, make sure you get it onto a ceramic plate before it eats through the take-out container. Great food, great people

1  Thank brentletaka

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Yesssss, this was a delicious Indian dinner! We had heard of Bombay Joe's from coworkers and looked it up for reviews. The reviews were all very good, most recommending it for takeout. We drove there and had a little difficulty locating it because it is within a building that is all the same address. We parked and walked around and saw it. We thought we would probably take out, but we decided to eat there because it was a small, intimate setting and the tables and chandeliers were appealing Also, it was not too crowded or too cold inside so that made our decision to stay final. It definitely had potential for atmosphere, with the decorations and chandeliers, and with a little more effort, it could be really quite enchanting. For example, an Indian fabric draping down to hide some of the pipes and electrical equipment could be beautiful. In addition, turning off the television, even though it was showing a good Indian movie indeed, could be replaced with some mesmerizing Indian music to complete the charm.
Well, with all of that said, we were seated immediately by a sweet waiter and we promptly ordered. He guided us with menu choices, because I eat mostly at an Indian restaurant serving North Indian cuisine and Bombay Joe's serves East Indian food. We started with an appetizer of samosas, which were absolutely incredible! We also ordered a half liter of merlot, which was very reasonably priced at $12. Delicious wine and nice wine glasses added to the evening. Our entrées were chicken balti, oh my God, so delicious, and dal turka, which was a lentil type dish, and wonderful. Roti accompanied the meal and we added some garlic naan too. It was all delicious.
The service was so great in the beginning, especially. The waiter did deliver some extra spice to me since I like my Indian meals spicy. After that, though, he seemed to disappear. It was ok because we could enjoy ourselves and our meal, but then after awhile, we were ready to package up our leftovers and pay the bill but we waited a while until we got the attention of one of the family owners. Not a big problem at all.
All in all, I definitely recommend. This place is sweet, delicious, friendly, and family owned.
I will return! Loved it!

1  Thank amyjemesouviens
Reviewed October 28, 2013

It seems like everyone is a food critic these days, so I usually don't bother with restaurant reviews.

That said, I believe in recognizing exemplary food or services, so for that reason I'm giving a "shout out" to Bombay Joes.

We came out from Richmond on a Saturday night and stumbled across this place. It's a tiny, hole-in-the-wall place that would be easy to miss; it only has four of five tables and is nothing fancy, but the atmosphere is warm and there's a good vibe.

The food here is not your run-of-the-mill Indian fare. We had chicken korma, veggie pakoras, and some veggie dish that was like meatballs in a tomato-cream sauce (can't remember the name, we just asked the owner what he recommended). Without breaking down each item, I'll just echo the other comments here and say: utterly delicious!!

This is a family-run business and it's clear they take pride in what they do. Our server (the owner) was friendly and helpful. When we sat down, the first thing he did was thank us for coming in - always a nice touch. After dinner, the cook (the wife) came out and talked to us about food, the spices and preparation methods....very cool.

If you're looking for generic, all-you-can-eat-butter chicken Indian buffet-style food, this place is probably not for you. If you want fresh, delicious food made and served by people who clearly care about what they do, this place is worth checking out.

Highly recommended.

2  Thank Anton C
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Their paneer curry is absolutely divine! Try the pakoras too for a satisfying appetizer. The atmosphere is low key and quiet. Spicy and yummy, I can absolutely recommend Bombay Joe's!

1  Thank MayaBridget D
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This restaurant, offering the only Indian cuisine in Ladner, has a limited menu, but the food is always freshly prepared, made using healthy cooking processes, and the prices are quite reasonable.
Service is very friendly and the owners will explain the dishes to newcomers to Indian cuisine. Not the best interpretation of Indian dishes I have had in the Vancouver area, but certainly the best in South Delta in my view.

2  Thank gourmet P

Been to Bombay Joes? Share your experiences!