“Amazing food - a real hidden gem”
Review of Bombay Joes

Bombay Joes
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Ladner
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Vancouver
“Amazing food - a real hidden gem”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

It seems like everyone is a food critic these days, so I usually don't bother with restaurant reviews.

That said, I believe in recognizing exemplary food or services, so for that reason I'm giving a "shout out" to Bombay Joes.

We came out from Richmond on a Saturday night and stumbled across this place. It's a tiny, hole-in-the-wall place that would be easy to miss; it only has four of five tables and is nothing fancy, but the atmosphere is warm and there's a good vibe.

The food here is not your run-of-the-mill Indian fare. We had chicken korma, veggie pakoras, and some veggie dish that was like meatballs in a tomato-cream sauce (can't remember the name, we just asked the owner what he recommended). Without breaking down each item, I'll just echo the other comments here and say: utterly delicious!!

This is a family-run business and it's clear they take pride in what they do. Our server (the owner) was friendly and helpful. When we sat down, the first thing he did was thank us for coming in - always a nice touch. After dinner, the cook (the wife) came out and talked to us about food, the spices and preparation methods....very cool.

If you're looking for generic, all-you-can-eat-butter chicken Indian buffet-style food, this place is probably not for you. If you want fresh, delicious food made and served by people who clearly care about what they do, this place is worth checking out.

Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Anton C

Vancouver, Canada
“Nice Local Indian Place”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Their paneer curry is absolutely divine! Try the pakoras too for a satisfying appetizer. The atmosphere is low key and quiet. Spicy and yummy, I can absolutely recommend Bombay Joe's!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank MayaBridget D
Vancouver, Canada
“Healthy Indian Fare”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This restaurant, offering the only Indian cuisine in Ladner, has a limited menu, but the food is always freshly prepared, made using healthy cooking processes, and the prices are quite reasonable.
Service is very friendly and the owners will explain the dishes to newcomers to Indian cuisine. Not the best interpretation of Indian dishes I have had in the Vancouver area, but certainly the best in South Delta in my view.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank gourmet P
Edmonton, Canada
“Unexpectedly delicious and charming”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Awesome food. Cute neighbourhood. Highly recommend. Seemed busy with people coming for take out. Would return when in Vancouver again. The Bollywood movies are always a treat.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank A B
Richmond, Canada
“Many of these reviews seem phoney”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I love Indian cuisine and I would love to try this restaurant. In order to publish my thoughts, I gave it neutral reviews as not to skew the existing reviews. What really concerns me is not the poor reviews but the "Amazing" ones. So many of these do not provide much detail except the food is amazing, the owners are amazing, etc. You really wonder if the owner has persuaded all his relatives and friends to write review fiction so Bombay Joes would appear to be the best in Ladner. I am very very skeptical of such blatantly uncritical, inauthentic reviews. Despite the disclaimer reviewers must make (I certify that this review is based on my own experience and is my genuine opinion of this restaurant, and that I have no personal or business relationship with this establishment, and have not been offered any incentive or payment originating from the establishment to write this review), these reviews just don't "ring true." Heavenly deception which is so obviously not from impartial customers.

• Visited July 2013