“Oozing with charm”

Clair's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Ladner B&B and Inns
“Oozing with charm”
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Thank you Clair for your warm invitation into your lovely home. You provided us with the finest hospitality and charm. The room was inviting and the breakfast was a real treat.
Hope to stay again one day!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ucluelet
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stayed at Clairs and was delighted with all that I saw. As a B&B owner myself I look at all the details and Clairs didn't miss a thing. From the comfy feathered bed to the fabulous decor it was a fabulous stay. Clair is a warm and inviting host.
I was shocked by the negative review I read. Clair is not only a gracious host but is a professional innkeeper. I am sure that ever effort was made to accomodate the folk that wished to check in early by holding their luggage until their room was ready. Some requests, however may be too much to ask. Though you can never please everyone, I would never hesitate to recommend Clairs Bed and Breakfast.

Room Tip: I had the opportunity to look at all Clairs room and found them all wonderful
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Judy B
Clairsinnladner, Owner at Clair's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Thank-You so so very much for your glowing review. We so appreciate hearing from our guests and both word of mouth and trip advisor reviews are amazingly helpful in marketing out small business. Look forward to seeing you again in future

Kelowna, B.C.
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Amazing B&B in the heart of Ladner, there is no doubt Clair welcomes guests to her beautiful home. She is both professional in what she does and treats all with respect and friendly atmosphere. The rooms are spotless, bathrooms large and truly a wonderful treat at the breakfast table. Wouldn't hesitate to return to Clair's Bed & Breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TOEBB

Hillsborough, California
Reviewed October 14, 2010

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at Clair's B&B. First of all, the location was convenient to the ferry, which was great. Clair and Cliff made us feel like we were family. They were so welcoming and generous. Our room was cozy and well appointed. We appreciated all of the little thoughtful details that Clair includes. Lastly, her breakfast in the morning was out of this world. We would definitely plan a return visit and would recommend Clair's to our friends.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Irene - Thank-You so much for your glowing review. It was wonderful meeting you and sharing stories at the breakfast table. Positive reviews and word of mouth recommondations are so important to my small business. We look forward to seeing you again.

Indianapolis
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Spent two nights at Clair's as we were traveling to Vancouver and this looked great on the website. It is fine, rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, price much less than anything actually in Vancouver, and the distance to Vancouver is about 15 miles. Our room did not have a shower, but a tub with a hand held shower. It was difficult to use the hand held shower as there was no shower curtain. DO NOT arrive before the appointed 3pm check in time. We arrived at noon, and were not allowed in, not allowed to store our luggage and she was very reluctant to let us use the restroom, even though we were staying there that night and the next night. She will ask you to choose a time for breakfast, we chose 8:30, I was up and around at 7:30am and one of the friends I was traveling with was also up. We both asked (at separate times, not knowing the other one had asked) for coffee and were told no coffee until 8:30 with breakfast - truly! Come on, make a pot of coffee for early risers. My friend went out and bought coffee from a bakery around the corner for the four of us. We sat on the porch, planning the day and drinking our purchased coffee, and when she came out to call us into breakfast, she really appeared surprised that we had purchased coffee. The food was very good, especially the fritatta. Overall, it was fine, but a bit militant for my liking.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Indykim
Clairsinnladner, Owner at Clair's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
i am so pleased my guests enjoyed the many amenties offered in our home. We have worked hard to make it a pleasant and inviting B&B. We only have one room with a clawfoot bath instead of a shower. We have put a shower head in this bath for the convenience of guests who wish to shampoo hair or rinse off. We hope that next time you cometo stay you will choose one of my many ther rooms. OH MY! did I really not offer you coffee early in the morning? i have a pantry where my guests can make coffee at any time and where I leave coffee at 7:30 for early risers. It seems to me that I have had more than one misunderstanding as i have areas where early arrivers can leave luggage though it is true I do not take it or guests to rooms until the room is ready for guests.

\i am so sorry that these wonderful guests were left with the impression that I was \'militatnt" Was i having a bad day? Did my worries over personal and family health issues get in the way of my job? if so, I am so sorry. i strive to warmly welcome my valued guests into my home. It seems I dropped the ball" with these lovely folk. I hope I get a chance to spoil them in my home in the future.
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed August 3, 2010

This is the perfect B and B to take advantage of the the many miles of trails and quiet, country roads between Ladner and Twassen that are great for hiking, biking or just walking, for example along the 46 kilometer long dike trail that skirts the coast of Boundary Bay. You'll see eagles, hawks, blue herons and many other kinds of birds along the way. Ladner, which is a quaint, funky old town, is in the middle of the Fraser River Delta estuary, the largest estuary in North America. It's a paradise for nature lovers and a critical stopping point on the Pacific Flyway for millions of birds. Clair, your host, is very helpful and completely knowlegeable about the area. She can help you plan a great, relaxing holiday.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Winton, California
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Room was clean and bright, breakfast was delicious, Clair was knowledgeable, seemed like a value for the price.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ladner
Hilton Vancouver Airport
#4 of 23 in Richmond
Bridgeport
River Rock Casino Resort

Been to Clair's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!