“Expectations exceeded !”

Taverna Gorgona
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Ladner
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the hospitality, the sights, the sounds, the food & drink specialties of Greece. A Mediterranean Escape in the Heart of Ladner.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

A number of friends and co-woorkers recommended this restaurant to me. It was a bit of a hike from North Vancouver but well worth it. We met up with our friends for dinner. We were warmly greeted and escorted to our table as we had made a reservation. The decor is simple, clean and feels very authentic. Apparently when it is warm the outside patio tables are very inviting. The service was very attentive and friendly. Great suggestions. We ordered just the right amount of food for four. The deep fried calamari was the best I'd had. The lamb was tender, moist and cooked to perfection. Salad was fresh, roast potatoes melted in your mouth and the dips...tzatsiki, homous and taramosalata were unbelievable on perfectly grilled pita bread. Great coffee with excellent Ekmek and Bougatsa completed a truly satisfying meal. We all expected a good meal but by all accounts we had a great meal. Prices and portions were terrific to boot !
I highly recommend Taverna Gorgona.

1  Thank AngeloL5555

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My friend and I went for lunch. It was pretty busy, and only one server. She was racing around.
The decor was very nice, although my chair had food stuck to the seat cover. Not so appealing.
I ordered the prawn and scallop souvlaki kabob, and it came with the usual fixings, rice, greek salad, potato, and pita bread with tzatziki dip. it was all tasty, maybe a bit on the small portion side. The scallops were very over cooked, and the prawns were a bit overcooked. Still tasty though.
My friend had spanokapita, which she said was very good. Not the very best greek food I've ever had, but pretty good. Reasonably priced, as well. The poor worn-out waitress thanked us for our patience, which was very nice. It was not her fault she was the only server on the floor. I will return.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Food continues to get better with each visit. Party of seven last visit, no complaints from anybody, more than enough food.

will continue to go back

Reviewed February 28, 2013

The restaurant has a nice cozy feel about it. The staff was friendly and service was good. The was a group of 8 of us and everyone really enjoyed their dinner. We would not hesitate to go back there.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Went there with my partner last week for a meal. The food was fantastic! Best calamari I have had and the baby BBQ ribs were just delicious. The decor is lovely and romantic set in the cute village of Ladner and the servie we received was great. Already planning my next trip there.