REO Rafting & Yoga Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Totem Motel(Lytton)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsthe riverreo raftinghot tubnext yearglamping tentssaladtop notchthe busday tripgreat foodmy sonsuper funrock climbingprivate beacha great experiencegravel roadeach meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Spend the weekend at ReoFest, this was my second time rafting on the Nahatlatch river and the Canyon. The all of the rapids were finally open so we got to experience Rose Garden and Meatgrinder for the first time this year. The same applied to the Canyon which opened this weekend....Woo Whoo! We were going to do the Stein River on Monday but partied too hard on Friday and Saturday night so we decided to make that an adventure for 2012. Bryan and Karen the owners are wonderful hosts. It was Karen's birthday on Friday so she got to saber a bottle of champagne that I brought up..had no idea it was her birthday so it made for a fun time for people to watch :-)

The live music was fantastic, the musicians put on a great show jamming together into the wee hours and then finally around the two camp fires. Jamming under the stars around a camp fire is truely Canadian...any Europeans reading this would absolutely love to do this. Being a Brit I know....it's a piece of heaven trust me... :-)

The guides are awesome, I knew Mark Bond from my previous trip so got the skinny on finding the best crew to be with. On this rafting trip Jamie Wright was our guide, a charming British chap that made the whole experience such a hoot.

The river was very high so we got to feel first hand the power of the river in full flow. The pic's they took of us going down the the rapids showed our raft almost totally submerged with bearly any people showing in the pic which was awesome! It's a total mad house at times being tossed about like a cork in a raging river.....fun times people.

You owe it to yourself to do the Nathatlatch river and the Canyon. I promise you you will have a blast, get a group of nut cases together and go have some fun.

Bryan and Karen, we will be back next year for ReoFest 2012 and we will be bringing a big crew with use!!!!

Cheers Ben

PS: Make sure to make friends with Robin and crew, the peeps in the kitchen

Room Tip: All Europeans should do this when you venture to Beautiful British Columbia!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2011

If I can only go on one vacation a year, this is it. There is no better way to enjoy the great outdoors, adventure and fun all in one. This is a great experience for any age, and you can totally trust that you will be safe as this place keeps safety as a number one priority. The water levels were very high, so there were parts of this river they wouldn't let us raft on and instead took us by bus to the safe spots, but even so, OMG those whitewater rapids were high! and Fast! We rafted with a couple who had rafted all over the world and they said that this had been there best experience yet. Wow! that's quite a compliment.

You will be well fed and well taken care of . You can bring your camper or trailer, or just stay in the cabin tents (felt like I was on safari) in an actual bed. Some things to remember to bring: ear plugs just in case the roar of the river is not "soothing" to you, bug spray (yup, its the woods), flashlight (its the woods and gets very dark), marshmallows (yay one of the few places in the summer that has campfires!), booze (they just serve you food, you bring the bevies).

Can't wait til next year, so I might just go again!.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Although we only spent one night there and a single day rafting, this was by far the best rafting experience I've had. Although I'm far from a rafting expert, the Nahatlach river seems to have the best set of rapids I've seen at the few places I've been to. We couln't raft the entire section normally avbailable because a couple areas were a little to fast and dangerous so they let us run the open sections twice. In all we rafted for about 3-4 hours but there were very few calm sections to speak of so the entire time was action packed. More than I expected since a couple other trips I've been on only lasted 1-2 hours of rafting time with longer calm sections. The guides were great at bringing the group to the edge of what we could handle without anyone ever feeling like we were out of control. We did things I would never expect to have done. A few people fell out into the river but the instructional training was so good that they were back in the boat within 10 seconds!! Yes... 10 seconds! I pulled two people in myself with ease. Everyone knew exactly what to do so nobody ever felt like they were ever in any danger. The guides were fantastic in every way and I couldn't image how it could have been a better experience.

The rest of the facility is clean, organized, and well run consisting of about 6-8 log house type buildings. The sleeping quarters are not what I expected but were quite comfortable abeit on the edge of a camping experience. We stayed in tent houses that they rent which are essentially a 10x12 heavy canvas tent with a plywood floor and a queen bed inside. I've never stayed in anything like it before, kind of like camping but with the comfort of a bed and a clean solid floor. As a result my wife and I slept much better than we would have if we brought our own tent and I'm glad we spent the extra for the added comfort. The food was not fancy but it was tasty, wholesome, well prepared, and there was lots of it. Two kind women cooked everything and you could see the care they put into the little details. For example, they started early enought to serve us freshly baked blueberry muffins still warm from the oven the oven at 8:30am for breakfast with bacon and eggs and an assortment of fruit. No store bought muffins here! It was those little extras that are uncommon these days and it almost made me feel like I was staying with family instead of at a resort.

They also had a hot tub big enough for about 15 people which we spent much of the evening in and a huge fire pit area where we all congrgated at during the later hours. The seating allowed for about 20 people at each of the two fires. Just a nice size group to share some laughs with.

All in all the trip far exceeded my expectations. We had no hassles and very much enjoyed the staff and the other people that were there. This place exemplifies the warm and generous Canadian hospitality that we love. Casual about everything, eager to please, and left us feeling like one of the family. It's almost like gonig back many years before life became so busy and complicated. We'll be back. I don't know when yet, but we won't forget this hidden gem.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Screaminlizard
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed for two nights at the Reo Rafting resort as part of our vacation in Canada. We have been rafting before at some hot spots in Europe (Scandinavia), but rafting at REO resort is so much better! Very safe, great rapids (a lot, they keep coming!), perfect guides (Jamie rules ;-), very good equipment and a lot of fun! It was so exciting! Reo rafting knows as no other how to give its guests the best rafting experience ever! We will never forget our rafting experience in Canada and do advise other European people who are looking for a great rafting experience, not to go rafting in Jasper (pretty touristic, limited number of rapids, slower water), but to go to Reo rafting. It is a perfect stop after or before Whistler or Vancouver.

Marc and Danielle, The Netherlands

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2011

The team at REO are very professional not to mention a lot of fun. It has been a great time EVERY time that I have gone. Starting back in 1988. I recommend an over night stay especially if you have a large group.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends