“Clean and sports oriented”

Samz Neighbourhood Pub
Ranked #6 of 43 Restaurants in Pitt Meadows
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian, American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
“Clean and sports oriented”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

The bar served food and drink and had an untold number of very large flat screens at every turn but the sound was not turned up on them. It made the experience a visual one and not a noisy one.

Visited July 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

It was nice to have a pub attached to the Ramada hotel where I was staying, I had a prime rib meal on special and really enjoyed it. It was not too loud in the pub and I was watching World Cup, service was good and I'll go back again.

Visited July 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Really nice Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

We ate here when we stayed at Ramada Pitt Meadows and it was very nice, prices and food were good, but I was surprised how clean it was for a pub.

Visited June 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Better food in the Army”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Last night we arrived with a party of eight. Six ordered the prime rib, which was their “special” and came highly recommended by the waitress.

Onto the meal. The rib must've come from a cow suffering from dehydration. It was no more than ¼ inch thick and guess what - it was well done – as were all the prime ribs at our table. None were made to order.

Maybe I would not have felt ripped off if the “special” was sold as a pan fried well done very thin rib steak, nestling on a bed of runny powdered potatoes without a hint of garlic, with chewy corn accompanied by gravy (well it was brown and runny) and dried out horseradish without the horseradish flavour. And then there was the Yorkshire pudding. I must admit by this stage I was too intimidated to give it a try because I was having flash backs to my army days.

I am not sure if the staff at the restaurant understand what the meaning of the word “prime” is. Maybe they think it’s just a made up word like “good service”.

• Visited April 2014