“Awesome staff”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pitt Meadows
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome staff”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I stayed here for three nights recently. My room was a small suite, comfortably appointed, with a view of the mountains. Although the room was in need of some general maintenance and upgrades, it was clean and quiet. And what the room may have lacked in appointments was more than compensated for by the extremely friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sooke, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We (my teenage son and I ) stayed here for three nights, of what was supposed to be a one night stay. The staff were awesome, beds extremely comfortable with decent bedding. Don't know what happened but on entering room heat had been left on high and was almost melting! Carpets definitely could be replaced. Hallways really smelled of cigarette smoke. Had a snack in attached restaurant and after that it was "closed til further notice". All things considered is very good value if attending any event in Vancouver area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank heather429
Powassan, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I (along with his family) stayed at the Ramada Pitt Meadows as we were in town (from Ontario, Canada) for a wedding. The hotel is nothing fancy, and could certainly use some renovations, but overall it was comfortable. Pitt Meadows itself is a lovely town to walk around in - clean and safe.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
california
Reviewed August 28, 2011

stayed one night for a wedding nearby, would not stay here again. Room was not clean, opened up the couch for my son to sleep on and it was dirty. Changed the linens ourselves. Small rooms and kind of grungy actually. Did not want to be barefoot in the room, what does that tell you?

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank merle55
Chase, Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2010

We just stayed at your hotel on Friday and Saturday nights November 5th and 6th . I ordered a non smoking room . You gave us room 109 . Here was the problem . We were right across the hall from room 108 which was a smoking room and smoking is what they did . There was an inch gap under our door which allowed smoke from that room and any other smoking rooms on that floor to come under our door . We never noticed it till the morning . We were all congested and plugged up and we did not know why until i got up in the morning to take our dog outside at about 6:00 am . At that time the hallway was clear. I went outside with my dog , came back in and that is when i noticed our room . It smelt like we had been chain smoking in the room . I could not believe it . I immediatly went to the front desk , complained about the way our room smelt and asked for a new room which the lady looked after us very professionally . When i checked out today i asked for at least a discount for our discomfort because we all probably smoked about 4 packs of second hand smoke each friday night and were sick from it . No discount was offered because it was not reported by the cleaning staff . Obviously the cleaning staff must be smokers in order not to smell that . It was disgusting . It was in all our clothes and on our skin and hair . I feel it should not matter if the cleaning staff report it or not , i reported it and you gave us another room right away so obviously i was not the first person to have a problem with that room .

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank jlaskf
Greater Cleveland
Reviewed July 15, 2010

This was not very good for a Ramada hotel. This hotel needs a remodeling. The sink had some kind of stain on it. The bathroom floor tiles were in need of repair. This hotel had cleanliness issues. The lobby looks decent but this should be better for a Ramada. I've stayed at motels with nicer looking rooms than this.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ClevelandBeachBoy
Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I had just written a review about the Ramanda Prepay on the internet.
We ended up staying at the hotel as it was going to take Visa 45 days to allow us to fight the charges - and we decided that it wasn't with the risk.
Aside from the issue that I had with the prepay here are the pros & cons:

1) We stayed with our dog they were excellent in accomodating him. The charge was $10 per night per dog
2) The staff was extremely friendly
3) The cleaning staff was okay - I had a robe hanging on a hanger with a towel over it and they accidently took my robe with it - I had to track it down
4) I would only rate it "okay" on cleanliness
5) Free highspeed internet (Wireless and hardwired) - but it didn't have a hotel password that you could get from them and it was brutally slow. So slow - that I went down to the front desk and got a cable to plug into the internet - it was much better after that.

Although my experience staying there was postive - I probably wouldn't stay there again..
It needs to be cleaned up a bit.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Best Western Chelsea Inn
Best Western Chelsea Inn
#3 of 4 in Coquitlam
Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam

Been to Ramada Pitt Meadows? Share your experiences!