“not very clean”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pitt Meadows
california
“not very clean”
Reviewed August 28, 2011

stayed one night for a wedding nearby, would not stay here again. Room was not clean, opened up the couch for my son to sleep on and it was dirty. Changed the linens ourselves. Small rooms and kind of grungy actually. Did not want to be barefoot in the room, what does that tell you?

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank merle55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chase, Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2010

We just stayed at your hotel on Friday and Saturday nights November 5th and 6th . I ordered a non smoking room . You gave us room 109 . Here was the problem . We were right across the hall from room 108 which was a smoking room and smoking is what they did . There was an inch gap under our door which allowed smoke from that room and any other smoking rooms on that floor to come under our door . We never noticed it till the morning . We were all congested and plugged up and we did not know why until i got up in the morning to take our dog outside at about 6:00 am . At that time the hallway was clear. I went outside with my dog , came back in and that is when i noticed our room . It smelt like we had been chain smoking in the room . I could not believe it . I immediatly went to the front desk , complained about the way our room smelt and asked for a new room which the lady looked after us very professionally . When i checked out today i asked for at least a discount for our discomfort because we all probably smoked about 4 packs of second hand smoke each friday night and were sick from it . No discount was offered because it was not reported by the cleaning staff . Obviously the cleaning staff must be smokers in order not to smell that . It was disgusting . It was in all our clothes and on our skin and hair . I feel it should not matter if the cleaning staff report it or not , i reported it and you gave us another room right away so obviously i was not the first person to have a problem with that room .

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank jlaskf
Greater Cleveland
Reviewed July 15, 2010

This was not very good for a Ramada hotel. This hotel needs a remodeling. The sink had some kind of stain on it. The bathroom floor tiles were in need of repair. This hotel had cleanliness issues. The lobby looks decent but this should be better for a Ramada. I've stayed at motels with nicer looking rooms than this.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ClevelandBeachBoy
Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I had just written a review about the Ramanda Prepay on the internet.
We ended up staying at the hotel as it was going to take Visa 45 days to allow us to fight the charges - and we decided that it wasn't with the risk.
Aside from the issue that I had with the prepay here are the pros & cons:

1) We stayed with our dog they were excellent in accomodating him. The charge was $10 per night per dog
2) The staff was extremely friendly
3) The cleaning staff was okay - I had a robe hanging on a hanger with a towel over it and they accidently took my robe with it - I had to track it down
4) I would only rate it "okay" on cleanliness
5) Free highspeed internet (Wireless and hardwired) - but it didn't have a hotel password that you could get from them and it was brutally slow. So slow - that I went down to the front desk and got a cable to plug into the internet - it was much better after that.

Although my experience staying there was postive - I probably wouldn't stay there again..
It needs to be cleaned up a bit.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank granths
Local
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Very basic hotel, good customer service but very uncleanly. Carpets in hallways throughout hotel were so black and filthy. I checked into my room to find hairs on toilet seat, chip crumbs on the armoir, lipstick on the cups, cigarette burns in the sheets and covers, and the furniture very worn, damaged & outdated. Mentioned my experience to the front desk and they were apologetic and moved me to another room without hesitation. New room was a more clean but still cigarette burns in both bed covers. Hotel worked out well as there is not much else in the area but there is definately the need for them to improve on cleanliness and appearance.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TessLocal
Perth
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Stayed for 2 nights for a local event. Booked through the hotel, you could probably get a better deal through the last minute websites.
Room was clean, bathroom a good size though it had a quirky red light! Bed comfortable but the height was unusually high. Our room had no mini fridge. Didnt try room service but menu looked seriously overpriced, avoid hotel restaurant- see Pantry Restaurant review.
Nice friendly, helpful staff. Slightly overpriced for a surburban hotel, expect to pay these prices downtown.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed March 14, 2009

The primary reason we stayed here was due to a very cheap rate--we checked in very late at night before heading over to Vancouver in the morning. We are not familiar with the area of Pitt Meadows at all, as we were just simply passing through. (Admittedly had never even heard of the town before!)

We had our 60 lb dog with us after previously confirming the hotel was pet friendly. I was asked at check in--"is it a big dog?" I said "I guess?" And he shrugged his shoulders and handed me the keys. So one might want to triple check if there is actually a size limit on dogs before booking.

Otherwise, the room was clean, spacious, and also quiet considering it's on a major road. Wasn't expecting any more than that, so it was a good stay.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam
Ramada Coquitlam
Ramada Coquitlam
#4 of 4 in Coquitlam

Been to Ramada Pitt Meadows? Share your experiences!