“Pampering at it's best! - Escondida!!”
Review of Escondida Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Medina
Escondida Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Medina
Forney, Texas
“Pampering at it's best! - Escondida!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We just returned from a 3 night stay at the lovely Escondida Resort in the Hill Country. What a pleasure! The resort itself was beautiful, but the view of the country and wildlife around the resort was fantastic. We couldn't have asked for better service. From the manager, including her "#1 assistant", to the groundskeepers everyone was friendly and courteous. Even though the resort was fully booked, the staff was most hospitable, and never seemed pressured. Great Hosts! The Escondida is well maintained, the rooms are handsomely furnished, and the food and service is excellent. This is truly the place for relaxing, and being pampered. We can't wait to plan our next visit.

3 Thank klkent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Sunnyvale, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just returned from 3 nights at this absolutely wonderful hide a way. Bob Phillips is right! The hard part is leaving. The place was beautiful, well kept and service/food was unbelieveable. It is difficult to describe the visit without using all the adjectives over and over. We enjoyed meeting all the other visitors ( the place was full-all 22 rooms) but enjoyed most the hospitality of Dawn and Pam. We took side trips to the surrounding area, but would be content just to stay on the property and relax.

We will return.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great. Of course, the owner's suite would be the best.
2 Thank Cbar_12
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We chose Escondida Resort as our location for our annual weekend getaway. This place is absolutely wonderful. The location is beautiful; the rooms are beautifully furnished; the food is fantastic! Pam & Dawn were fabulous hosts - they made the weekend very enjoyable. They are warm and friendly and were the icing on the cake for our trip! We have decided to make Escondida our location for our trip each year. An awesome find!!

Room Tip: There are only 10 rooms - and each room has a different benefit - from patios to view of the hills a...
2 Thank Carmel H
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I just returned from my first visit to Escondida but it won't be my last! I went with two friends and we had a great time. We did not have any spa services but we did hike the hill to go to the cabin on the land after returning from a day in Bandera. It's a bit of a steep climb at one point but well worth the effort when you see the view from the top. It was so much fun to gather with all of the other guests (it was a full house - I believe there were 21 total) at meal times and catch up on what everyone had done.

We arrived Friday evening and left after breakfast on Sunday morning so we were there for two dinners and two breakfasts. The meals are not served in a 'restaurant' but basically in the dining room of a home. So, you do not have choices or place an order - you eat what is served. I am a very picky eater so I had brought my own snacks in case I didn't like what was offered but all of the meals were completely delicious. It was like eating at my mom's house - delicious lasagne one night, chicken enchiladas the next. For breakfast, there offered scrambled eggs, watermelon, strawberries, yogurt and granola both days. The other main course one day was biscuits and sausage gravy and the other day was cinnamon rolls. We did not go hungry, that's certain!

The rooms were fantastic. The beds were very comfortable as was the recliner in the room. There is wi-fi access but no cell phone coverage which was actually one of the best benefits. There are tvs and dvd players if you want to hang out in the room but the scenery is so fantastic it's much better to hang out on the patio or out by the pool.

We had a great group staying with us. Everyone was really friendly and we enjoyed getting to know everyone's stories at dinners and breakfasts. And Dawn and Pam really made the stay special. Not only did they provide excellent service, they were fun to talk with, told us the history of the place and gave us some great suggestions on things to do. Before we left, we peeked around at all the different rooms to determine which ones we would request on our next visit! I can't wait to go back.

2 Thank M W
Hamilton, Texas
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Just returned from spending weekend at this great resort. Accommodations were great. Rooms were very roomy and nicely furnished. All of the staff were very friendly and outgoing and enjoyed great meals. For a relaxing getaway, this is THE place to go.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and the room was great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank P M
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2012

What a wonderful suprise it was when I arrived at Escondida! It was just at dusk and the lights were on all around. I walked into the courtyard where the fountain was gently flowing and my body literally relaxed. The quiet was fabulous. It was like coming home in that moment. I stayed 3 glorious nights and enjoyed every minute of it. I had just about every treatment offered at the spa, and loved them all. I have to say the best part of the trip was the people of Escondida. I shudder to call them employees, because they were much more than that! They were family. It was a very close nit group. My every whim was seen to with the utmost courtesy and even eagerness! ( I know you don't believe it, in this day and age: truly I didn't either). And the food was magnificent!!! I mean Banana's foster and eggs benedict for breakfast!!! They offer breakfast and supper with the package and you can get lunch if you request it when you book your stay. They will also cater to special diets if they are informed ahead of time I was told. Although I went alone, it was certainly a couples get away. They were full over the weekend, but I hardly ran into anyone. You could meet up for meals and then enjoy your solitude. The rooms were exquisite. Honestly I did not know I had neighbors. I will be going back!! In fact I am planning on making it an annual event at the very least.
Cudos to you Christy and to all your staff.

Room Tip: Rooms were all large and quiet, but for a large area book the owners suite
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Julie S
Livingston, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I've stayed three times at the Escondida. Twice while on motorcycle trips to the Hill Country and once on a nice summer weekend with my wife. On the latter occasion, we rented the owner's suite, which is expensive, but we thought was worth every penny. Don't think this place is something fancy. However, it is very comfortable. We have never had a meal here we didn't enjoy. I like the "happy hour", where you will enjoy visiting with some of the other couples. Since this place has only 10 or 12 rooms, you'll never feel crowded. I've seen as few as seven folks and maybe as many as fifteen there at one time. We usually end up making some new friends each visit. The meals are always filling, and the rooms are comfortable. We'll definitely be going back.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get the owner's suite. Lots more room and a nice hot tub outside. Nice k...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joe B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Medina
Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center
#1 of 14 in Kerrville
Super 8 Kerrville TX
Super 8 Kerrville TX
#2 of 14 in Kerrville

Been to Escondida Resort? Share your experiences!