All reviews the main square perfect location euros plaza jet bathrobes shower escorial parking el
Selected filters
Reviewed September 19, 2017

Yes, the lobby was tiny, but the rooms were modern and spacious. The hospitality was wonderful and so was the wifi. It was easy to find parking nearby and the sites of this Madrid suburb were right outside your door. For the price and convenient amenities this hotel was perfect.

Room tip: we were at the back and the room was quiet with the windows open
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

Actually at the time I should have been enjoying my stay at this hotel, following a near fatal accident, I was recovering, having undergone emergency surgery and been placed on life support! I am now enduring a six month recovery period.

My husband explained events and the hotel were completely unsympathetic and wouldn't entertain any refunds whatsoever and, failed to say whether they had re-let the room.

So, if anyone really wants to know what I think of this hotel, the word heartless springs to mind!!!!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2017

A cosy small hotel that has been recently renovated. It offers quite spacious and comfortable rooms. Most rooms offer excellent views overlooking San Lorenzo's main square. The rooms have a designer's touch while the bathrooms are very clean and comfortable. Overall I had a very pleasant stay and this is clearly my favourite hotel in this small town. The minus is that there are no proper common rooms apart from a small lounge by the lift in each floor. The reception is open only limited hours.

Room tip: Room with a view on the main square
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2017

We had a lovely superior room overlooking the small town square and it was really great in terms of decor and comfort. Very boutique looking with robes and slippers. The bath was rather large to fill but the shower was fine. We opted for breakfast at 7.50 euro each and it was also a good experience with plenty to eat. The best part was how helpful the receptionist was with our travel plans. At first she tried to help with our plan to get the train from El Escorial to Madrid but then she suggested the bus instead which we could walk to from the hotel. Less than 5 euros a ticket and 50 minutes to Madrid!! We were delighted. Thank you receptionist whose name I didn't get. :)

Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed April 25, 2017

Two nights in April. Attracted by the reviews here. Heart fell when confronted by small metal door in narrow street. Looked more like one of those dodgy hotels round the Gare du Nord in Paris.

But once upstairs it opens out into a modern well appointed property with good size rooms, great beds and modern but rather overdone bathrooms. We got La Romantica overlooking the main square. Pretty room, safe, mini bar, TV, queen bed, good linens, very well cleaned.
The bathroom boasts a jacuzzi bath and shower in bath. A bit 80s and, I felt, unnecessary. The bath is so big it dominates the bathroom and everything else is squeezed in around it. The bath stands so high there are small steps to climb in. As a result the excellent shower is lower than normal so if like me, you are over 6 feet tall, you need to duck under the shower. I would have been much happier with just a floor standing shower and more space.
The hotel has an excellent restaurant attached for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The staff are excellent. Friendly, attentive and helpful. Top marks for reception.
Great value for money, perfect location, probably the best choice in San Lorenzo.

Room tip: Very happy with front room over main square. Great for people watching.
Date of stay: April 2017