“Fine dining experience with stunning scenic view ”
Review of El Portillon

El Portillon
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Navacerrada
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

This place offers really nice fine dining experience... good ambiance.. nice interior and good service

Little expensive... but it justify its price... being at prime location of a tourist place and kind of service they offer

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Not been here for a couple of years and thankfully nothing has changed - superb meal.in wonderful surroundings with professional staff. The venison with a sauce that complimeted it beautifully was exceptional taken with the Balbas wine took it to a level of culinary splendour I have never experienced in my 50+ years. Sooo glad I got the chance for another visit - can hardly wait until I return.

1  Thank Alison M
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

In a spur of the moment we decided to drive to Navacerrada and ended up in El Portillon.
The food is excellent, the service is excellent and the place is very nice. I highly recommend the outdoor seating.

Reviewed November 16, 2016 via mobile

The restaurant was spacious, cozy for the 22 of us, even though we had to sit in two large separate tables. The grilled deer was excellent, as was the assorted desserts. Nice place to enjoy

Reviewed January 4, 2016

Popped in here 1 year ago during winter, and was immediately drawn to the inviting fireplace. The general look of the place was very nice, so I thought I'd pop up to check out the dining room - equally appealing ! Clearly a lot of other people thought the same as there were unfortunately no tables left (it was admittedly 12:30 on a public holiday). So, one year later we're back in Navacerrada - again by chance and hence again without a reservation - however, luckily we arrived in town early and bolted straight to El Portillon, and managed to secure an early (2pm) seating.

The food was excellent - there were some apperitivos, and then we shared the melted cheese starter (not provelone but 5 different flavours). I followed up with the Nebrasca steak (an American import apparently), which was very good, accompanied by a bottle of wine that made the meal - Balbás 24, Reserva 2009 (Ribera Del Duero). The cheesecake for dessert was also very good - when it arrived I thought it looked a little factory made, first bite proved otherwise, and worthy of a second round !

So, the food and wine definitely rate highly, but what impressed me most were the staff - all very friendly but yet very professional. We waited on nothing, but at the same time didn't have a waiter watching over our shoulder. I will definitely return, and I think I'll do it all over again just like the first time !!