“Good Airport Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Coslada
Decatur, Illinois
“Good Airport Hotel”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is very near to the airport, it's well appointed and the staff was very helpful. There's a charge for in-room WiFi, but it's free in the lobby. The hotel seems very new and is well maintained. It's a good place for a layover as was the case for us.

On the down side, this isn't a place where you're going to have a nice after-dinner walk outside. It's in an industrial park (with some other hotels) and the sidewalks are over grown with weeds. In the day time it's not scary, but after dark would not be good.

Also, we wanted tapas for dinner so caught a cab in to Madrid. 24 Euros each way for four people. Not too bad, but something to keep in mind.

Good sleep. Good service. Free shuttle to the airport on week days.

I've vacillated on giving this hotel a three or a four. I'm going for the four because of the hotel itself....not the surrounding area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MNM1011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
shayi77
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We chose this hotel because we had stayed at another AC Hotel in Granada, Spain, which by the way was magnificent. To our surprise the staff was mean. We ended a ten-day road trip around the southern coast of Spain, then Lisbon, ending in Madrid where we needed a place near the airport, to catch our flight back early in the morning. When we made the reservation, the website stated that the hotel provided complimentary transportation, but turns out that they didn't on the weekends, which was not stated on the website. Since our flight was on saturday, we had to arrange our own transportation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2013

To all reviewers complaining about dark corridors, weekend shuttles, closed restaurant on Sundays etc...understand it's a hotel near an airport when means it caters for travellers and not holiday makers. The location is because it's an airport hotel hence the industrial area around.
I used this having moved from a centre Madrid location as I had an early flight. Shuttle was arrange just for me at 0700. Service was great. Food served was good, it does what it says on the tin. Yes there is some plane noise but it's an airport hotel in case I have not said so.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank emeles
Minneapolis
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I liked this hotel. The rooms were clean and modern. This hotel suits the business traveler that needs to be closer to the airport and not interested in site seeing. It is clustered with many American hotels in what looks like an industrial park. It is one of the few hotels in the Madrid airport area that does offer a shuttle service. However, it is VERY limited and you should call ahead to see what times and when it runs. It does not run late at night and you should make an appointment when you check in. It does not run frequently. One left at 7 am and the next one ran at 8:15 am. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful.
Oh, by the way, the pillows that are on the bed are hard and have nothing natural in them. I like a soft pillow and would like a down or down-like pillow. I am not sure if you can get a down-like pillow upon request but do know that the pillows that are on the bed are hard IKEAish cheap pillows.
All in all. Instead of two 25 Euro cab rides I only had to pay for only one because I took the shuttle in the morning (it was too late to catch the shuttle when I arrived). I also used my Marriott rewards points for this stay (it only was 10,000 points) . So this hotel worked for me.

Room Tip: Call the hotel about shuttle service before arriving. If you are particular about pillows, you will...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I arrived on a Sunday and was told that the restaurant was closed and I had to drive to a supermarket to find some food. The hotel is well kept, relatively quiet although you do hear airplanes come and go. The room is clean with a good bathroom supplies. You even get a shoe shiner. The restaurant, once open, does offer pretty good food. If you have a car, you can drive to the airport in less than 10 minutes. Also quite easy to drive to Madrid downtown. If you want something close to the airport and you have a car, it's not a bad choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel had the perfect location for us as we flew into Madrid and we were heading back out the next morning on another flight to Oviedo. We stayed in August and the hotel website said the shuttle would not be available however, we did not realize that this meant no other service would be available; no restaurant, no food service at all. They do have this little market so they kept telling us that was available 24/7 and they had cookies in the lounge which were stale and sat out overnight. The room smelled like smoke even though it was a none smoking room I believe since the employees smoke outdoors near the vents. Also, wifi is only free in the lobby but not in you're room no matter what you had to pay - so much for marriott rewards, status or business travelers. The staff was very rude and abrupt and basically pointed and laughed saying too bad with each questions I asked. The cab fare back to the airport cost me twice as much when the hotel arranged it vs. the rate I had paid hailing my own cab. Proceed with caution - this hotel is not a Marriott quality hotel it is worse then a Motel 6 - since the hallways don't even have lights on! If you can walk in the dark and pack your own snacks then give it a try.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Coslada hotels

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed here in May as a stop over for a family vacation. To be honest I've stayed here in the past but always on a week day, you cannot compare the two.

In regards to this stay we arrived on a Sunday afternoon only to find no hotel shuttle service - it does not run at the weekend..... Be aware it costs at least EUR25 to get to the hotel. The mobile web site had a different description to the main web site regarding this.

On arriving my room type was not available, but on 'complaining' became available.

I was with my young son who wanted to eat , here is the next problem - no restaurant at the weekend but I managed in the end to get a club sandwich which was like cardboard.

Anyway in the morning we managed to get the shuttle. It's different again during the week. It's not fabulous but it's ok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coslada
San Blas
Madrid Marriott Auditorium Hotel & Conference Center
NH Villa de Coslada
#1 of 2 in Coslada
Airport / Barajas
Hilton Madrid Airport
Hilton Madrid Airport
#73 of 435 in Madrid

Been to AC Hotel Coslada Aeropuerto? Share your experiences!