“Nice hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Alcobendas
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Alcobendas
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip, which was close to the venue of my meetings. The room I had was very neat and tidy with good facilities. The only issue for me was the availability of food in the area and the reliance on the food in the hotel on an evening. The restaurants in the area serve the local businesses and they close down early as the business people in the area go home after work. You have to travel away to find other restaurants which I didn't have time to do, so the evening meal was taken in the hotel and while it was acceptable, the food wasn't brilliant.
Having said that the breakfasts were good.

I may well need to come back for further meetings with a particular company and will definitely use this hotel next time

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Unfortunately I had my laptop bag stolen from the hotel during my stay. Which as you can imagine is a huge inconvenience as all my company and personal effects were stolen, including passport, sensitive data, documents, laptop, hard drives, car & house keys, satellite navigation and more. Security at the hotel is non existent and very poor. The CCTV is basic and doesnt cover important areas. The general staff at the hotel were good yet the way in which my theft was handled was not very sympathetic. I also learnt that this is NOT the first time this has happened at the hotel, yet nothing has been done to mitigate security risks. Gangs clearly operate in the area and see this as a soft target as they can simply walk into the hotel unchallenged. Very dissapointed and disheartened as an IHG Club member.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alcobendas, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear belboy15,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The hotel is nice, pleasant and clean room, nice breakfast. It is close to the Metro (less than 10 min walk).
There is a large shopping center (5 minute walk).
The staff was nice.
Internet connectionn costs money, but there are some hot spots in the lobby/breakfast room where you can catch wi-fi.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Bianca H
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights ago on our way from UK to Southern Spain after a long, long drive. Arrived late (midnight) and just needed somewhere to put our heads down for a few hours before heading off again at 6am.

Large, clean rooms. Agrre that they should advise you that in order for the aircon to work you have to make sure the windows are locked - it's not obvious!

Good bathroom, although they could do with using decent sized towels.

Excellent value at 49euro inculding tax and breakfast - can't comment on this as we did not stop to eat.

We were able to park right outside in front of the hotel (our car was packed with luggage and our dogs - who were not permtted in the hotel - were sleeping in there). The night security guy sits looking out the window at the front, so we were happy that our car and pooches were safe!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Was not impressed at all - I presented my priority card on arrival only to be asked if I had a reservation? We went to our room but the aircon wasnt working - we were advised to slam the window shut and it would work - it did, very strange!
As we were in Spain we thought a nice glass of wine to relax - we were told "we dont have any" the receptionist did find the wine, small bottles and not chilled!
The dining area is next to the bar so we thought we would eat, we sat at a table and asked to order a bottle of wine - guess what, they didnt have any, we were advised that they were a seperate business to the hotel and we could not purchase their wine.
We left to try and find something outside, we couldnt (however that may have been our fault)
Breakfast was limited choice, our bill was 75euros to cover parking and awful warm wine.
The staff did not seen to care much - I would necer stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alcobendas, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear VixMcC,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am disappointed to read that your stay did not live up to your standards. I humbly apologize for the poor experience and service issues you had in our bar and restaurant area. We deeply regret the negative experience and impression you may have had.

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and will be used to consider updates where possible. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Dhan M

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I read a few reviews about this hotel, people complaining about the location, but for me this place was fine, there are enough places to eat & drink, and you can take a short taxi ride for about €6 to a very lively place with lots of bars & restaurants, the bus stops right outside the hotel which goes to Madrid

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank robbieblondon
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Chose this hotel due to its closeness to the business parks close by. It is approx. 20 min away from Airport by taxi. On arrival, the staff at reception are very friendly and check in was very fast. the room is clean as it the bathroom. I did not need an aircon yet, so cannot comment on that. Breakfast is not very good with a very limited selection + powdered juices from dispenser set to very low concentration (the water was barely coloured differently). I can recommend the "tex Mex" restaurant across the street for dinner in the evening: Check out was very fast and efficient. The hotel is not so convenient for travelling into Madrid as not close to Metro
Next time I would prob invest an extra 20€ and take a hotel more conveniently located.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alcobendas, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear blobby202,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind comments on the staff. I am also happy that you noticed the cleanliness of the room and bathroom. On the other hand, I am truly sorry to hear that the food served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcobendas
Ibis Madrid Alcobendas
Hotel uVe Alcobendas
Hotel uVe Alcobendas
#2 of 8 in Alcobendas
Holiday Inn Express Madrid-Sebastian de los Reyes
Holiday Inn Express Madrid-Sebas...
#5 of 6 in San Sebastian de los Reyes
Amura Alcobendas Hotel
Amura Alcobendas Hotel
#4 of 8 in Alcobendas
B&B Hotel  Madrid Aeropuerto T4
B&B Hotel Madrid Aeropuerto T4
#1 of 6 in San Sebastian de los Reyes

Been to Holiday Inn Express Alcobendas? Share your experiences!