“Nice, cheap, surprising good, but slow.”

Indalo Tapas Alcala Centro
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Had a quick bite to eat here after checking out the town...barely beat the crowd. Beautiful on the inside. Nice waiter. I ordered a vino tinto, husband ordered a cafe de leche. You get to choose from a huge list of tapas - to go with it (including hamburgers, salmon sandwich, etc). I chose the croquettas & fries, my husband got the jamon with huevos & patatas. His was awesome, my was good. You just can't beat the price...our 'brunch' came to a total of 5.5 euro total - for both of us. However, it does get really busy and loud, and (not surprisingly) the service gets slow. Fun place.

1  Thank MTRose
Write a ReviewReviews (1,122)

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This place is buzzing always very busy, people looking to dine here all night not a empty seat anywhere. Excellent value tapas comes free with a drink. Every time I have been here I always order to much. So the tip is order few dishes at a time. Its a must place when in this area.

1  Thank billtrathen
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Buy a drink and get free Tapas with it! Around €2.60 depending on what drink you get!! Definately visit this place, service is a tad slow as usually there is only one waiter for the entire restaurant, but very friendly and great value :)

Reviewed October 22, 2011

We went to La Garena looking for a good place. We didn't have to ask. It was packed but after 5 minutes we had our table. Great tapas with beer. Huge tapas and a great selection. Next year I am going back to the same place. A great atmosphere, too. Very nice staff. Something that caught my attention: the waiters don't take down your write anything and they are never mistaken in the orders. Incredible!!

Reviewed October 2, 2011

This bar is well known around Alcala and Guadalajara. Whenever you order a drink you can choose from a good selection of tapas. We bought two glasses of very nice white wine, fried eggs and serrano ham (huevos rotos y jamon), and a toasted ham and cheese sandwich (sandwich mixto) for only €5.

Considering the place was packed the service was excellent. The bar was very nicely decorated too.