“COZY AND DELISH”

Cuisines: Brazilian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I was so blown away by my experience at Santo that i had to go back during my short stay in Madrid. The food was amazing and the ambiance is fantastic! I had the Brazilian picanha the first time and it was to die for followed by the fantastic passion fruit mousse served in a cool jam jar, yummy.... Oh can't forget to mention that the tapas plate with a variety of prosciuttos, garlics, olives and some other delicious goodies amazed me. I been trying to repeat at home ever since. On my second time i was there i decided to try something different, althoug i repeated the tapas plate. I wish i could repeat that tapas plate at home, but there is something is the seasoning of the olive oil... It's just so good. Anyway i had the couscous and it was again an extraordinaire experience. I would recommend Santo to anyone travelling to Madrid. I was a pleasure to be there.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were a party of ten and we were all blown away by the food. I have been to this restaurant several times. The place is nice and well decorated, with large and comfortable tables. The menu is not very extensive, but still includes options of red meat and fish. We went for a closed 'menu degustacion', with a few starters and three options of mains. Some of us went for the bobo de camarao (shrimp on cassava sauce) and other for the picadinho Carioca (meat stew). Both were fantastic. The staff was very friendly. The chef came speak to us several times to explain the dishes. The waiters were also pleasant and helpful. Great restaurant, worth a visit when you are in Madrid.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Santo Restaurant is a must on your Madrid itinerary. Akin to the house of horrors you can't quite believe what you're experiencing. There is hilarity and fear in equal measure and the memories will keep you awake at night for a long time afterwards.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Funky decorating - spoons and forks as door handles and kitchen utensils in picture frames. Cutlery in wrapped in towels and menus on chopping boards - all well thought out and works a treat. Service is great/efficient and friendly
Menus are smaller/select but fine dining and loads of thought into the flavours and textures.
Fish was beautifully presented and flavours beautiful.
Desserts are divine - although save up for the sweet intensity...

Reviewed August 14, 2012

A real find in the center of Madrid just off the Opera. The decoration is cozy and it seems that everything was well thought and well done. The food is delicious from the starters to the desert, please try the passion fruit brulée. The ingredients are fresh and the service is perfect. Ate there 3 times and could not find one fault. Next time in Madrid I will surely return.