My husband and I and two single friends stayed at this hotel for four nights last month.
The hotel is in Vouliagmeni about 45 minutes from Athens airport and about half an hour from downtown. The hotel offers shuttle service to Glyfada and Athens, but I didn't feel it was often enough (only twice a day to Athens), so we ended up taking cabs back and forth (about 15 Euros each way). The cab from the airport should run you 25-30 Euros.
Our friends each had deluxe suite with a water view, we had a standard room with what they call a garden view, but it also had a lovely view of the nearby marina.
We requested the Taste of Luxury Package which included a full, buffet breakfast.
All of our rooms were just lovely, spacious and nicely appointed. We all just loved our balconies. If it's possible, the hotel's "Heavenly Beds" were TOO comfortable. You just didn't want to get out of bed!
It was disappointing to learn that two of the hotel's restaurants were already closed for the season by October 7. We ate in the hotel's main dining room for the sake of convenience the night we arrived and were shocked by the prices. Dinner for four cost us over 300 Euro (catch of the day was 105 Euro ($155 - no, we didn't order it). So we ate in Athens or in Vouliagmeni on the other nights. And take a pass on their Cuban cigars too.
Breakfast was amazing. The buffet was as long as a New York city block with everything imaginable and it's available until 11AM. Fabulous!
The staff all spoke English and were extremely pleasant and helpful.
We enjoyed the hotel so much, we changed our reservations from a downtown hotel and stayed at the Arion again for three nights on our return home from the islands.
Make sure you stay at the Arion Resort & Spa, The Luxury Collection in Vouliagmeni. There is another Arion in Athens. This one is a Starwood Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique place to be!The legendary atmosphere of Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa is enhanced by contemporary surroundings and spectacular views of the Saronic Gulf. Guest rooms and suites delight the senses with creative touches. The most distinctive feature, the resort's fully renovated bungalows, offer the ultimate in privacy and privileged services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Arion, a Luxury Collection Hotel Vouliagmeni
- The Luxury Collection Athens
- Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Greece/Vouliagmeni