“when my taxy turned into a narrow and dark street”
Review of Amarilia Hotel

Amarilia Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Vouliagmeni
Rome, Italy
“when my taxy turned into a narrow and dark street”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

when my taxy turned into a narrow and dark street, back to the hotel, I was a little surprised (I was waiting for a large promenade), but it happened only because of the one-way direction! After having left me in front of the hotel I could appreciate the nice location. The day after I discovered a very friendly staff, good food, a nice swimming-pool and a wonderful view from the balcony. I'll return again in case of holiday in Athens!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Virginia
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were looking for a quiet hotel and we found it. The rooms have extra thick doors and an extra security door that blocks out light and sound. Our room was very quiet and comfortable. The pool and pool area are immaculate , we enjoyed sitting around the pool , the staff was attentive with towels, drinks and snacks. Walking distance to some great local restaurants and the beach. No shopping here which is kinda nice. Breakfast was good also. Fresh flowers everywhere nice touch.

Room Tip: Corner room very private and quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed here with a colleague whilst attending a conference at the Divani Apollon across the road. The rooms are basic but clean and and have everything that most people would need. The bar is pleasant and the beer is half the price charged at the Divani. The breakfasts are good. But th real plus point is the staff - they are absolutely fantastici. Nothing was ever too much trouble for them including tracking down my jacket which I left in the taxi which brought us from the airport, as well as printing off our boarding passes and heaps of good local advice. We were paying half the rate that colleagues were paying at the Divani. We were happy with what we got - they were not !!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Muskogee, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This hotel should be listed in Vouliagmenis, on the coast. It is nice price alternative to the expensive, noisy resort across the street. We had a sixth floor room, with a sea view, it was fabulous. The front desk asked us to wait 20 minutes (we were early) for a better room; we said 'great'!
The room is a nice size, bathroom a little small. Breakfast had over 25 choices of anything you might want.
The best thing about this hotel is location. It is not close to the centre of Athens, but has sandy beaches, good walking paths, and several tavernas and a wonderful seafood restaurant close by. If you want to go to the city, the bus takes 45 minutes to get there; don't think that 45 minutes is a long time to get around in Athens:-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the sixth floor seaside.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Fira , Greece
Reviewed April 15, 2013

During an official tour in the city, I visited this place for four days and my stay was at this hotel was really fantastic. The interior looked stylish and well-maintained. My room was very well appointed with things of comfort. Bed was big and quite comfortable. Bathroom looked very fresh and clean. I had a great shower. Buffet breakfast was delicious and had an amazing variety. Staff is very entertaining and friendly. I really felt like home here and will highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Pros:
Very pleasant and helpful reception & bar staff; view of sea from balcony; free 24 hour Wi-Fi; free use of computer & printer; good breakfast buffet
Cons:
In the middle of nowhere although local buses stop on nearby main road; uncomfortable beds with mattresses constantly sliding of bedframe; airconditioner didn't work - minimum temperature of 26 degrees Centigrade; clean but very cramped bathroom with airvents that transmitted sounds of neighbouring room guests ablutions & toilet flushing ; toiletries not replenished; no coffee or tea provided in room; hotel deserted with maximum of 10 guests but management still squashed us in rooms next to one another - lost the opportunity to make us grateful guests by upgrading us to rooms which were empty; work supplies (wood shelves?) left on corridor opposite the few guest rooms that were in use!!; no dedicated area for left luggage - left in public reception area; part of public reception area cordoned off for use by manager as his office!!! (never seen that done before even in 3 star hotels). Overall AVOID unless rate so cheap these issues don't matter

Room Tip: Not given a choice of room; reasonable view of sea & pretty church from 3rd floor balcony
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I recently worked with the Amarilia Hotel, as my company held a conference there. The staff were so kind, thoughtful, and extremely helpful. They went above and beyond in terms of giving us quality service. They were personable and reached out whenever they saw someone needed or might have needed assistance. It was a little sad to say goodbye to them after our week-long stay!

The location of the hotel was great. It is about a 45-minute bus ride to the Athens city center, so it is far away from the the busyness of the city. The beach is merely a short walk away (and so I never really checked out the pool), and there are seaside restaurants and cafes also within walking distance. There are some shops, a little grocery/convenience store, and more restaurants about a 5-minute cab ride away. I found the area to be quiet and relaxing.

Our room was on the 6th floor. Our AC unit worked well, the bed was comfortable, and the closet was good for storage. The bathroom was a bit small, but I've found that to be very common in Europe, so it wasn't a surprise. The WiFi was quite slow most of the time.

The breakfast buffet might be one of the best I've ever had at any hotel. There was so much variety: yogurt, fresh fruit, eggs, sausage/bacon, pastries, coffee, juice, etc. It was easy to find healthy options.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank caterinakc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vouliagmeni
The Margi
Palmyra Beach Hotel
Palmyra Beach Hotel
#3 of 15 in Glyfada
Brasil Suites Hotel Apartments

Been to Amarilia Hotel? Share your experiences!