Strong tripadvisor recommendation made us book two nights at this "boutique hotel". What we experienced was frankly quite an ordinary hotel, pleasant enough but a bit run down lacking good maintenance. If the price had been half it would have been fine, as the price of EUR ~250/night far from reflected the quality, comfort, location and service. Unfortunately.
We staid at in an Executive Room on 4th floor, a small ordinary room without a water boiler/coffee machine, not even an iron! The bed was comfortable and the room had a nice balcony facing the street. Street noise not being an issue.
The location is odd. It is in posh Vouliagmeni but not near a centre nor the beech. So a 10 minute walk to get to the public beech by the marina and the Astir beech (highly recommended, EUR12 weekday/EUR24 weekend) facing west so wonderful afternoons, and 15-20 minutes walk to the other pay beech (EUR 5/day I believe) in the bay east of the hotel.
Knowing what we now know we will not be back. Maybe expectations too high (look at their wonderful website, not lying but not depicting reality either) or we have been spoiled elsewhere? Judging from the comments here everyone seems to be very happy with the place. So be it. Some have expressed the same as us. I guess your opinion shall be formed upon the circumstances.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique hotel overlooking the Athenian Riviera.25 klms from the city centre and airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Margi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Margi Hotel Vouliagmeni
- Margi Hotel Athens
- The Margi Greece/Vouliagmeni