I have stayed at this small boutique hotel many times over the last 10 years. I travel extensively in Europe on business and really hate the impersonal service that is generally accepted by the business traveller when staying at the large hotel chains. When I can I avoid the big well know groups. Therefore it's always a pleasure to come back to the Margi, it's chill out public rooms are fantastic and great to relax after a tough day in downtown Athens. Yes that's right it's a great location as well, now the secret is out. It's a practical location for travelling around the business areas of Athens, the Airport is about Half an hour away and it's an easy journey by taxi as you do not have to go near the centre of town. There is a number of good restaurants within a short 5 minute walk, two serve outstanding fish dishes, not cheap but well worth the money. For the vacation traveller there is a loverly pool area, a little oasis of tranquility. There is is an excellent public beach a short walk away, also a private pay beach, Astir Beach which I recommend, again it's not cheap 15 Euro's per day, for this you get waiter service to your sun bed and a fantastic sandy beach, plus quality shower facilities. I will be staying here next time I am in Athens, as I said you can get to the centre, Parliament Square in about 45 minutes, which is a good trade off to avoid the noise, etc of the centre of Athens. Try it you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel and SLH member in the most exclusive area of the Athenian Riviera, Vouliagmeni, The Margi hotel is a heaven away from home. In an ideal location just a few steps from the Riviera’s most elegant sandy beaches and close enough to Athens Historical sites. With its superb cuisine and organic food from its farm, friendly and attentive staff and exquisite design, this hotel offers a truly memorable experience and comfortable ambiance for all travelers all year round. Over the years, owner Maria Stavridis’ and her son and Architect Giagkos Agiostratitis personal touch and care is evident in the warm and chic atmosphere she has created in the hotel by combining artwork from all corners of the world with soft traces such as candlelit tables and plush furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Margi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Margi Hotel Vouliagmeni
- Margi Hotel Athens
- The Margi Greece/Vouliagmeni